6

Violet slowly started to regret agreeing to stay and walk with Clementine, but every time Clementine would stop what she was doing just to wave to Violet, Violet would forget all regret.

Violet decided to start on some work while looking through her bag, she found her sketchbook and thought she rather draw than do any work. She brought out a pencil and eraser and started to sketch her surroundings. She tried to draw everything else but her eyes always drifted back to Clementine. Clementine was practicing her batting stance and Violet started sketching her.

Clementine was hoping she was impressing Violet, Violet probably didn't know anything about softball but she did want to show her how good she was at it. Her dads best friend was a famous baseball player, so she gets a lot of pointers. Clementine remembered to check up on Violet to make sure she knew she hadn't forgotten about her, she turned around to the girl in the stands and she could see she was really focused on her paper. Violet looked up to Clementine and immediately looked down. Clementine furrowed her eyebrows and turned back to her partner throwing her the softballs. Violet was worried that Clementine had caught her staring and drawing her, but there was no way she would know exactly what she was doing. Violet focused back on her drawing adding more details like Clementine's curves and the way her curls looked as she swung her bat. Before both had realized, practice was over. Violet heard Clementine's coach dismiss them and she shut her sketchbook and packed up. Violet hadn't found inspiration like that in a long time. Violet walked down the steps and met up with Clementine holding all her gear. "You want me to hold that? You look really tired, Clem." Violet said less asking and more stating, she grabbed Clementine's duffle bag and started to walk away. "You know this isn't my first time walking home, right?" Clementine looked at Violet. "I'm just trying to be helpful." Violet looked forward and kept walking.

The two walked for about ten minutes and they both started to feel the effects of the Georgia sun. "Let's stop here for a second." Violet dropped Clementine's bag on the grass and sat down next to it. Clementine followed suit and sat close next to Violet. "I just remembered, you never answered my question." Clementine broke the silence. "What question?" Violet looked at Clementine, scanning her features, noticing how beautiful her eyes looked with the aid of the sun shining on them. "If you liked that girl kiss of yours." Violet's eyes widened. "Oh, well I think I did, it was so long ago." Clementine nodded understandingly. "Well, could we uh try it?" Violet almost choked when those words came out of Clementine's mouth. "What? What do you mean?" Violet hoped Clementine was talking about something else. "We could try, I hear a lot of friends do it, kiss I mean, it doesn't have to mean anything." Clementine scooted closer to Violet. Violet looked at Clementine nervously.

Suddenly, they hear a honk. "Hey what are you girls doing out here get in." The two girls separated quickly and stand up. Violet sighs loudly when she sees who it is. "Mom, why are you here, I told you I was walking home." Violet explained to her mom as she got into the passenger's seat of the car. Clementine sat in the back and thanked Gideon. "Well you two were taking so long I got worried. Then I see you two just sitting there, what happened?" Gideon asked Violet next to her. "Nothing, we just got tired and we were talking a break." Violet half lied, they were taking a break but were they really about to kiss?

Gideon made small talk with the girls during the short car ride and they got to Violet's house. The three of them step out of the car. "So you're going home?" Violet asked Clementine. They were both sweaty messes and wanted nothing more than to go inside and shower. "Yeah I should shower, I look like a mess." Clementine looked down at herself. Violet wanted to spend some more time with Clementine since their time alone together was cut short. She hoped if she gets her alone again then she could see if she was being serious about the kiss. "Do you have time to hang out first?" Violet asked. Clementine contemplated for a minute. She looked into Violet's green eyes and she knew she couldn't resist. "Sure, but only because I owe you for walking with me, even if we were interrupted." Clementine winked, Violet hated how nonchalant Clementine always was about all this. She was acting like the two of them weren't just about to kiss. The two of them went inside and went straight to Violet's room.