11

"Why did I agree to come with you. It's scorching." Violet complained as AJ, her, and Clementine walked to Aj's soccer practice. "Because you're a good girlfriend and like spending time with me." Clementine nudged Violet with her elbow. "Oh no not you, I like spending time with this one." Violet said and smiled down at AJ. "My feelings are hurt." Clementine looked at Violet and faked a pout. "Stop that." Violet reached out for Clementine's hand. "AJ!" The group heard someone shout, startling the girls causing Violet to retract her hand. "Hey, Tenn." AJ ran up to the other boy. "Guys, this is Tenn, Tenn this is my sister Clementine and her girlfriend Violet." AJ introduced them. Violet blushed and waved to Tennesee. "You guys should come and meet my sister." Tennessee pointed to the bleachers where the parents and chaperones were seated. "Lead the way." Clementine smiled. He started walking to the bleachers and the couple noticed the girl sitting in the middle row. "Guys, this is my sister, Minerva." The girls look at the taller girl. "Hey, Minnie." Violet waved. Violet was well acquainted with Minerva, they had a class together and they usually only talk about the work in the class. "Clementine." Minerva glared at the brunette. Clementine really didn't have any problems with Minerva but it was obvious that Minerva didn't like her. "Hello, Minerva." Clementine said blankly. "It's like you know her." Tennessee pointed out, not knowing they knew each other from school. "Oh Tenn, we do." Minerva glared at Clementine and she returned the stare. The boys and Violet just watching as the two of them had a staring contest. "Alright, alright, AJ, Tenn, how about you guys go. We will be fine." The two of them nodded and ran off to the field. The girls sat with Minerva on the right, Violet in the middle and Clementine on the left.

Clementine leaned over to whisper in Violet's ear. "Why are we sitting with her? Look at all the empty space in the back." Clementine pointed towards the vacant bleachers behind them. Violet turned around and shook her head. "Because we are nice people. This is AJ's best friend's sister, we have to be nice, do it for AJ." Clementine crossed her arms and mumbled a 'whatever' to Violet. "So Minnie, where is Sophie?" Violet asked wanting to make conversation so it wasn't as awkward between them all. "She doesn't really go out much, she's probably in bed reading fanfiction right now." Violet chuckled at her answer and Clementine nudged her. Violet ignored it and continued her conversation. "Hey! Nothing wrong with reading fanfiction." Clementine watched at the interaction between the girls. Clementine forced herself to look away and watch her little brother practice passing a soccer ball around. "Yeah I know, but that's all she does, I might need to drag her to one of these things, she has to be lacking vitamin D."

Clementine rolled her eyes as she saw her girlfriend smile at Minerva. "So how do you two know each other?" Minerva asked Violet. She knew how they knew each other, everyone knew. They were always together and whenever they were apart they were probably on their way to see the other. "Uh well she's my neighbor and that's how we met. Right, Clem?" Violet smiled at her girlfriend. "Yep." Clementine said simply before turning her attention back to AJ. Violet frowned and looked back to Minerva. "Sorry about her, she isn't usually like this." Violet apologized for Clementine's behavior. "No, this is how she usually is, just a bitch." Clementine stood up and glared down at Minerva. "I never did shit to you and you know it." Clementine jabbed her finger towards Minerva. "Does stealing all of my friends ring a bell to you?" Clementine paused and put her hand down. "Clem, what is she talking about?" Violet questioned. "She comes out of nowhere, and everyone just loved her. Then they just started hanging out with her and completely forgot about me and Sophie." Minerva answered Violet but bore into Clementine's eyes the entire time. "I know that's not how it went. When you left, they were so confused and hurt. Once they saw you guys hanging out with another group, they assumed you just moved on." Clementine rebutted. "You can always come back, I bet they'd love to have you back." Violet offered. "No, I can't, I'm happier now." Minerva said, with hesitation in her voice.

"Clem! Were you watching me?" AJ jumped on Clementine, his sweaty body crashing onto hers. "Of course I was kiddo, now please get off. You're all sweaty." AJ laughed and wiped his forehead with her shirt. "Oh gross!" Clementine exclaimed. Violet laughed along with them. Violet watched as Minerva stood without a word. "Bye, Minnie." Minerva smiled and walked down the bleachers to meet with Tennesse that was waiting for her by the field.

-

When the three of them made it to Clementine's house, they almost collapse as soon as they stepped inside. "I should get home to shower." Violet announced, leaning over to give Clementine a kiss on the cheek. Clementine stopped her and looked at her with her signature puppy dog eyes. "Come on, hang out with me a little. We barely got to talk at AJ's practice since you were so interested in Minerva." Violet rolled eyes at her girlfriend's jealousy. "I was trying to be nice, one of us had to." Violet tried to reason. "Please stay, ten minutes that's all." Clementine grabbed Violet's hand. "Fiiine." Violet gave in. Clementine smiled proudly at her victory, it never took too much to get Violet to bend. "I'm going to go play now." AJ started sprinting to his room, hoping to avoid his mother. "Not without showering!" Carley yelled to him, AJ stopped and slumped his way to the bathroom. "Alright, we'll be in my room." Clementine said and lead Violet to her room. "Leave the door open." Carley told the girls. Clementine sighed and mumbled an 'Okay'. They stepped Clementine's room and Clementine quietly closed the door. "Your mom just said to leave it open, Clem." Violet whispered. Clementine wrapped her arms around Violet's neck and smiled at her girlfriend. "Yeah but I just wanted a little kiss." Clementine said then giving Violet a quick peck on the lips. Violet smiled and stepped away from Clementine. Violet reached for the door handle but Clementine pulled her back.

"Come on, Vi. They aren't going to check on us." Clementine reassured Violet. "Also, I have to take this shirt off or I might suffocate." Clementine pulled her shirt over her head then threw it to the side. Violet looked away, not wanting to to make the other girl uncomfortable. "Violet, it's okay if you look." Clementine looked at Violet as she shook her head and made her way to Clementine's bed. "Clementine please put a shirt on." Violet begged. Clementine walked up to Violet and lifted her head. "Violet looked at me." Violet hesitantly opened her eyes and looked into Clementine's eyes. Violet blushed and closed her eyes again. "I didn't know I was so repulsive." Clementine joked. "Ugh, you're insufferable." Violet groaned and fell back on the bed just staring at the ceiling. "You love it, admit it." Clementine insisted, Violet lifted her hand just waving her off. "Babe, get up." Clementine walked up to Violet laying on the bed. "Not until you put a shirt on, we need to open the door before someone catches us." Clementine shook her head. Clementine climbed onto the bed, straddling Violets waist. Clementine grabbed Violet's hands and guided them to rest on her hips, but Violet still hadn't open her eyes. "Vi, come on don't be scared." Violet inhaled sharply then opened her eyes. She slowly scanned her shirtless top half. "See? Not that bad right?" Clementine lifted an eyebrow. "Shut up." Violet and jokingly rolled her eyes. Clementine leaned down to leave a kiss on Violet's nose. The two girls looked into each other's eyes lovingly, just enjoying the presence of the other.

The moment was short lived.

"I thought I told you to keep the-" Carley cut herself off with a gasp. Clementine quickly got off of Violet and looked for a shirt to cover herself. "It's not what it looks like, I swear." Clementine spoke first. Violet sat up and looked down at her feet. "I told you to keep the door open, then it's closed, and I come in and you're shirtless in bed together." Violet shook her head. "No, no she was just hot, nothing was happening." Carley laughed. "Girls, I was a teenager once, I know how this goes. I did expect more from you guys but teens will be teens. Good thing your father isn't here to see this." Carley sighed knowing Lee wasn't the best with handling stuff like this. He onces aught Clementine and Gabe holding hands, that didn't end well. They didn't want to know what would happen if he saw his sweetpea shirtless in bed with another person.

As if it were on cue, someone comes behind Carley. "What's going on over here?" Lee said not yet arriving to the door way. His smile instantly dropped as he examined the scene infront of him. A guilty looking Violet, and his daughter covering her chest with her shirt. "Let me say that again, what is going on in here?" Lee wanted answers. "I- dad it's-" Clementine tried to explain but her mom stopped her. "I told Clementine to keep her door open with Violet and I saw the door closed so I come in to check on them to see her and Violet in bed." Carley exposed the situation. Clementine sighed in defeat.

"Violet... you should get home. We need to talk to Clementine alone right now." Lee said, his voice straining. Violet stood up and without looking at Clementine, she just left.

Lee waited until they heard the front door close before speaking.

"I don't want you two seeing each other, not for a while."