7.

"Jules, its a secret alright. They cant know about the rule." Miranda tried to play it safe, not like she could just break it to her.

"Why? Mom says I cant even tell Liana, she's my best friend, but best friends tell each other their secrets. I want to share a secret with her too," she asked Miranda.

"I think its not a good thing to leak secrets Jules, but you could tell her some of mine if it really means so much. Like when I got my hair dyed green accidentally or something?" Right now Miranda could do anything to satisfy her sisters curiosity and deflect the topic.

"You're sure?" Jules looked up at her in renewed vigor. "Uhmm.. yeah sure. But just this one!" she warned mockingly. 

The sisters spent a quiet afternoon, doing their thing loitering about the house. "I'm hungry, whats for lunch?" Miranda asked. "I think there's rice and shrimp, sure smelled like it in the morning." Jules ran to the crock pot in the kitchen to be pleasantly surprised. Miranda looked up from the drawing room to find her sister beaming at her correct guess. 

"You've got a real doggy nose there, I tell you." Miranda pinched her nose as they stuffed their mouths.

After they were done, they lay lazily in the drawing room, that is of course after Miranda had a cleaning fit and made sure everything was where it was supposed to be. She wasn't prepared for trouble from Cynthia today.