After All This Time

"Scott...." I manage to catch my breath. I just stared at him. I couldn't say a word after that.

"Can we take a walk?" Scott asks with a smile. "Sure, I think so." And hand in hand we walk to the fields. For a long time there was silence, but in the silence were questions unasked. Things had to be solved, well, at least some of it.

"So...how have you been?" Scott asks. I could hear the nervousness in his voice. "I've been ok I guess." We just carried on walking and the silence did all the talking for us. It wasn't an uncomfortable type of silence. Its just......what do you say to someone you've only seen a year ago?

"I see you've been supporting PTX a lot lately." Scott said after a while. "Yeah. Ever since you came...." Suddenly I get my words together. "What do you remember from back then?" His reply literally made my heart skip a beat.

"You."

"What......?" I was stunned. "You mean....you remembered me all this time Scott?" "Of course I did." He let go of my hand and stands in front of me, looks straight into my eyes, right into my soul. "How the hell can I forget you Elsa?"

I don't know why, but I suddenly burst out in tears, right then and there. Scott held me and tried to comfort me....but nothing worked.

Until he started to sing.

His voice went through every inch of me. I just calmed down instantly. When he stopped singing we walked back to the school building. We stopped at the office, and he left....

--------------------------------------------------------------

Driving back to the hotel I couldn't think. Driving itself was hard. I couldn't concentrate on where I was going. But I still arrived safely at the hotel.

Moments later I was laying in my bed trying to sleep when my phone vibrated on my bedside table. Mitch calling again.

"Hey Scott. Listen I'm sorry for earlier..." "Its ok Mitch." I interrupt him. I was so tired but hearing his voice gave me new strength. "So....I want to ask you something." Mitch said. "Yeah? What's up?" I really wondered where he was going with this. "Does she remember you. Does she feel the same abou-" He stops in his sentence. I was thinking on what to answer....

"Mitch" I started. "Yes, I'm waiting." I tried to get my words straight.

"Mitch, anything can happen in a year."

With that, we hung up, I turned off my bedside light and went to sleep. I hope I see Elsa in my dreams tonight...