The Song That Saves...

"Its been two days, Mitch. Two days and she's not awake yet." Scott says. He's standing in the hallway, pacing up and down as he speaks.

"Scott, she's going to be ok. I can feel it." Mitch tries to reassure him. "What if I lose her? I don't want her to die!" "What will you do when it happens?"

Scott froze. Even thinking about it sets him into endless tears.

"I'd lose myself. I can't think of....living without her."

With that they hang up and Scott stands there, soaking in the silence. He closes his eyes and prays in his head. She cannot leave him. Not now. "Please my Lord. I will be there for her, I'll take of her. I'll love her with every inch of me. I already do. Just please.....spare her life for me?"

"Scott Hoying?" The nurse calls. "You can come in now." "Thank you." Scott replies and he walks into the room. He's afraid. Afraid of the news the doctor's about to give him. "Hello Doctor" Scott greets him nervously.

"Scott." He greets back. "Listen...." He takes a deep breath. "Elsa's very deep in that coma, Scott. The chances of everything giving in completely...." "No." Scott interrupts him. "She's going to be ok." "Yes, she would be if we picked up the illness sooner..." "She WILL be ok!!!" Tension and anger fills both of them

"The brian damage will be too much, Scott. She would be too weak." "No, no, no..."

"Scott, get your facts straight for God's sake!" "Oh I think I've made it clear enough, doctor. Elsa will NOT die!!!"

With frustration the doctor walks out and closes the door behind him. The room was so silent all Scott could hear was the sound of his own heartbeat. He couldn't take it anymore. Crying he sinks to the floor, holding his head in his hands. Then he stops. He rushes over to Elsa's bed. He remembered something Kirstie had told him recently:

"It is said that the voice of a loved one could cure a coma"

He holds her hand, closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. And then without even thinking twice: he starts to sing:

"You lift my heart up when the rest of me is down

You, you enchant me even when you're not around

If there are boundaries I will try to knock them down..."

He stops and looks at her, holding her hand tighter.

"I'm latching on babe, now I know what I have found..."

Suddenly, closing his eyes, everything comes back to him:

The night of the JCC ball where he first met her.

All those days of searching for her.

The day Pentatonix performed for her.

The day he crowned her Queen of his heart....

The table for two at the lake

Their first kiss...

"Now I know....I need your love"

Suddenly he hears something. A movement. He opens his eyes. He sings again and keeps his eyes on Elsa.

"I'm so en-captured, got me wrapped up in your touch

Feel so enamored, hold me tight within your clutch...."

Again, a movement. And its coming from Elsa.

"I've got you shackled in my embrace..."

She moves.

"I'm latching on to you. Never let go.."

Finally she opens her eyes:

"Scott..."

"Elsa!!!! Thank God you're awake!!!" Scott says holding her close.

"I thought I was going to lose you..." He says in a crying whisper

"Scott.." He looks up. "Even in death I will still love you with all my heart...."

He kisses her and gets up to call the nurses. After a while the doctor also arrives and is surprised by what he saw: Elsa sitting up straight in her bed.

"See doc? What did I tell you?" Scott says smiling.

"I can tell you this. You saved her life, Scott..."