Breaking It Off

Monday

I wake up in very bad pain. I could barely even move. My face was throbbing and I could barely open one of my eyes. Yesterday was so much of a blur. The last thing I remember was Denis slapping me across my face and getting knocked out by my dad.

I groan in pain as I try to get out of bed. I end up falling onto the floor. Someone walks into my room, I could barely see who cause my vision was a little blurry. I felt like I was going to pass out.

"GET UP! You'll miss the bus!", they yell. It was my dad. He stomps on my little, chubby fingers and walks out of my room. I scream out in pain and start sobbing.

I try to get ready as quickly as I could. I put on a white t shirt, a pastel pink hoodie with a sleeping kitten on it and cat ears on the hoodie part, white skinny jeans, and pink high top converses. I also put on a special part of my outfit, my flower crown. I put on my pink and white one.

I rush to the bathroom. As I look into the mirror, I had a black eye and bruises everywhere. I even had them all over my neck, or maybe those were the hickeys Denis left on me. I still had the big gash on my cheek. I didn't know how I was going to cover all of this up. Maybe I'll just put my hood over my head and wish for the best.

I quickly brush my teeth, grab my backpack, put my hoodie over my head, and rush down the stairs. I felt my legs wobbling and I fall.

"Braden? Is that you?", my mom calls. She stands in front of me. "What on earth are you doing?!", she asks. I groan. My dad comes into the hall too. "Please don't make me go," I say, starting to cry," Please. Please! Please!!"

I try to get back up but my head hits the ground and everything goes dark.

~*Time Skip*~

I wake up again but in even more pain. I had such a bad headache and my cheek was hurting even more than before. I open my eyes again.

I keep getting texts from Denis.

Din~Din: Braden, I know you're still mad at me and everything but please, I need to talk to you

Din~Din: Is your parents driving you to school today?

Din~Din: Answer :(

Din~Din: Are you staying home? Haven't seen you in class

Din~Din: I'm worried about you :c

Din~Din: Why aren't you answering me :c

Din~Din: You're making me sad now :(

I block him. I didn't want to see or talk to him ever again. He even broke his promise.

I throw my phone across the room in anger and I start sobbing. I knew I shouldn't have fallen for him. He was my first ever "boyfriend" and I ruined it. I showed too much love and affection and then I get hurt. I deserved all of it.

I hear footsteps running towards my room. I back up against my wall and close my eyes. They burst into my room. "Please don't hurt me!", I sob, curling into a ball,"I'm sorry!"

"Braden! I told you to take out the trash!", they say. It was my dad. He grabs me by my hoodie, practically choking me, and drags me outside. "Never ever come back here again!"

He slams the door and leaves me sitting on the ground. I sigh and walk to the bus stop. School ended a little while ago so maybe I could have someone pick me up.

I decide to text Elijah since he lives in the same neighborhood.

Corki: Elijah!
Lije: Hey!