Chapter 12- Shattered

Danielle POV:

I was freezing cold. Liam still hasn't came back with our towels. I walked into Jack's house. Where could Liam be? I walked up the stairs to the laundry room.

Thats when I saw it. Liam and Johanna were locking lips. I stood there. Shocked. Speechless. Stupid. Stupid, for trusting Liam. Tears struggled to escape. Johanna and Liam both turned around. My heart sank. Sank like quick sand. My breath hitched. I felt hot tears stream down my face. My hand covered my mouth.

''How? How could you? I thought you loved me'' I managed to choke out.

''Danielle! Its not what it looks li-'' Liam said, reaching out to hold my hand.

I rejected it. ''Yes! Yes, It is! You're a liar and a cheat. I never want to see your face again!'' I spat out, before ripping the 'infinity' necklace of my neck - he gave me on our first date - and throwing it towards his feet.

Tears blurred my vision. I stumbled over something and ended up on the floor. Curled up like a ball. Sobbing my emotions away. I wiped my salty tears away. My face was mixed with tears and mucus. It was ME against the world. I felt like I couldn't turn to anyone. Not Liam. Not Jack. Noone. I couldn't tell Jack. I know he really likes Johanna. My breathing was growing short. I felt light headed and lost. Head throbbing. Black spots covered my vision.

5 minutes later - 

Jacks POV:

I opened a glass bottle of root beer and took a long gulp. Everyone seems like they are having a good time. All of my mates from London are here. I dried out my wet hair and looked around.

Liam's sitting down on the stairs. His head is buried in his hands. I walked over to him. I might as well befriend him. For Dani's sake.

''Hey mate! Having fun?'' I said slapping his back.

He nodded and continued to fiddle with his fingers. I handed him an ice cold bottle of root beer. He accepted it and took a sip.

''Do you know where Danielle is?'' I asked.

His face turned pale. He didn't reply. I made a confused face and walked inside.

''Danielle!'' I called out.

Silence. Maybe she left early. I called her name out again, just to make sure. No reply. I walked to the living room.

Danielle was lieing there. Against the sofa. Unconcious. I ran to my bestfriend. Her flawless face was stained with tears.

''Danielle!'' I whispered, shaking her shoulders ''Wakeup''.

After a few attempts of waking her up, her eyes fluttered open. She looked like a gorgeous angel. She looked around the living room for a few moments.

''Jack?'' She whispered, fixing her messed up hair.

I smiled, nodded and she hugged me, tightly.

''What happened?'' I asked, before kissing her forehead.

She swallowed deeply ''Uh..I dont know''.

I nodded ''You look parched'' I said, carressing her cheek.

She nodded and licked her dry, cracked lips. I jogged to the kitchen and poured her a glass of cool water. I handed it to her and she sipped it slowly. I sat down on the floor beside Danielle. She rubbed her tired, swollen eyes.

''Now, can you remember what happened?'' I asked, rubbing her back.

''Mmhmm..But I-I dont want to talk about it right now'' She stuttered.