Chapter 6- Packing Up

FRIDAY AFTERNOON

Danielle POV:

Half a hour till 3pm. I tapped on the desk unpatiently. My xfactor audition is in a hour. My knees are shaking with nervousness. I eyed Liam and he looked at me back; he knew my pain. The teacher was infront of the class babbling about DNA and what not.

I rolled my eyes annoyed and scribbled 'Im so nervous for the audition' on a post-it. I threw it to Liam- who was on my right. He picked it up and read it quickly before shooting me a 'thumbs up' meaning everythings going to go fine.

I smiled at him nervously and began to think about the worst possible things that can happen to me. What if I stumble and fall off stage? What if I made a mistake? What if I forget my whole routine.

I shook my head trying to get the thoughts out of my head.

I was practising the dance routine non-stop afterschool while Liam watched me and gave me feedback on my rountine.

It was a complicated dance routine. It included a series of twist and turns. In my backpack was my normal dance clothes,tights and a shoulder shirt. My dance theme was Lyrical.

Im pretty good at any type of dance; hiphop, ballet, tap, waltzing. Almost everything! I dont like to brag or anything but I entered in numerous talent and beauty competitions when i was younger and most of the time I came first place.

I had a wooden display cabinet in my bedroom; where all my medallion's, tiara's and trophies sat.

My real dad hand-carved the cabinet...before he died. That time was tough for me but whenever someone bring it up I just put on a fake smile. But inside it kills me. Slowly.

I treasure the cabinet with my life because its the only thing I have left from my dad.

My thoughts were interrupted by the teacher.

''Mrs.Peazer are you listening? I asked a question! What is DNA?'' The teacher screeched at me and I shook frightened.

I cleared my throat and gave an apologetic smile 'DNA is a nucleic acid containing the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms..''.

The whole class looked at me in shock, even the teacher looked quite impressed.

KICK-ASS MOMENT TO ITS FINEST.

The bell rang for hometime, Liam and I grabbed our backpacks and walked hand in hand to the bus. 30 minutes till auditions! We sat in the bus side in side and I just babbled about how nervous I am.

Liam just nodded and soothed me, I loosened up and kissed his soft cheek. The bus stopped and we literally ran out of the bus rushing to the dance hall.

I quickly changed in my costume and then rushed in line to get a sticker with my number written on it. Number 30352.

The dancers including myself waited nervously backstage waiting for the judges to get ready. I practised my dance routine and so did a few other girls. They were all such exceptional dancers, I suddenly felt a rush of doubt fill me.

I remembered what Liam told me,'Just picture everyone in their underpants''.

I laughed to myself thinking about his 'wise' quote. Some girl's looked at me weirdly whilst others just smiled.

A pretty girl walked up to me and introduced herself ''Sup girl, your routine is hectic. Im Whitney''. She had dark skin and beautiful long hair which was tied up in an elaborate plait. She kind of looked like 'Left Eye' from TLC.