Chapter 17 PART 2

Continuing..

Chapter 17 Part 2

Danielle POV:

''Mom, can you drop me off at McDonalds?'' I asked, dusting the cabinet clean.

''Why? Are you hungry? I made a chicken casserole, It's cooling in the oven.'' Mom notified me.

''I told you, I'm meeting Jack there.''

''Oh yes, Jack. OK I'll drop you off there, as soon as I finish mixing this lemonade. Simon is coming back from Ireland tommorow afternoon and I want to make an impression.''

''Why?'' I asked.

''Didn't I tell you? Aunt Rilee and Uncle Timmy are coming to Wolverhampton to visit for a few weeks and there bringing Ryan'' Mom said, wagging her eyebrows up and down towards me.

Aunt Rilee isn't really my aunt, I just call her that, she is my moms best friend. And Uncle Timmy is her husband. There son, Ryan is now 18 years old and incredibly vain. They haven't visited since over a year ago. That it because they live in Australia.

I groaned, ''Mom, stop trying to hook me up with Ryan. I have a boyfriend, Liam, If you forgot already. You really need to start taking that medication the doctor prescribed for you.''

''Ha Ha, very funny, Danielle. I thought maybe you changed your mind.''

I shook my head, my mom is unbelievable. I turned on the faucet and poured myself a cup of cold water. I drank it down in less than a second and grabbed my purse.

I hung it upon my shoulder and walked to the car. I double-checked that I had everything.

I unlocked the car and sat in the passenger seat. Mom mocked me and turned the ignition on before reversing out the drive-way.

Before I knew it we were parked at McDonalds. I kissed mom goodbye and walked inside the restuarant. Jack was sitting down on one of them black stools and waved 'hello'. He didn't have his usual happy stance on, he looked pretty miserable. I waved back and started towards him.

''Hi Jack,'' I smiled and sat down beside him.

''Hello Danielle'' He smiled back but it didn't take a genuis to recognise that it was utterly fake.

''What's wrong?'' I asked, concern dripping from my words.

''Nothing, ready to order?''

I nodded, ''Can you please, please get me a strawberry milkshake and medium fries?''

He nodded and went to stand in line. My iPhone vibrated in my front pocket. I picked it out and dusted it off. 2 messages.

Whitney:

I cannot believe your pregnant! Congrats babe! And If you need anything just call. :D ex oh ex

Jade:

I'm so happy that your preggo honey! Can I be the godmother? :) Pretty please :) xx

I laughed to myself and replied.

Me to Jade and Whitney:

Thank you sooo much! You guys are too sweet :P And yes Jade you can be the godmother. I miss you both and I can't wait to see you soon. xoxo

Jack trotted over to the table balancing the red tray full of food. The intoxicating smell of warm burgers and salty fries tingled my senses. He placed the tray down and handed me a pile of napkins.

''Thanks'' I said politely, biting into a french fry.

''You're welcome,'' He sipped on his coke and unwrapped a cheeseburger.