Chapter 41

#COMM

Chapter 41

I repeatedly stared at the address Addie gave me. It was an address of a high-rise building in BGC. I didn't want to believe that this was the workplace of Jasper...

But what did I know? Ilang taon kaming hindi nag-usap si Jasper... Hindi ko kasi alam kung paano... I knew that if I ever decide to talk to him, I would tell him about our son... I could never lie to Jasper...

"Ma'am, nandito na po tayo," the driver said.

I felt nervous all of a sudden. Pero mas importante pa ba iyon kay JJ? I needed to think about his feelings first... He waited so long for this... He wanted to see his Dad... I needed to be brave and face Jasper... Para kung magalit man siya, sa akin na lang... Hindi kasalanan ni JJ na hindi siya nakilala ni Jasper...

That's my choice.

I'd take the consequences of my choice.

I alighted from the car and took nervous steps. The receptionist greeted me. I didn't know what to expect... Addie didn't tell me anything—as per my request. I didn't like hearing about Jasper. Kasi marinig ko pa lang ang pangalan niya, parang gusto ko na agad siyang makita...

And I couldn't do that before. I needed to stop thinking about myself... about what I wanted... I needed to put JJ before anything else.

"Good afternoon," I greeted.

"Good afternoon, Ma'am, what can I do for you?" she asked.

I adjusted the wig that I was wearing. I knew I was probably paranoid, but I just couldn't risk it. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang nangyari kay Justin... I knew my Dad promised to take care of him, but the Ramirez were just as powerful as they were crazy... I couldn't take that chance.

"Is there..." I trailed. I looked around. Everything looked so... modern. Hindi ko maisip na dito nagta-trabaho si Jasper. "Is... Jasper Ybañez here?"

My heart was beating profusely fast as I waited for the answer. I could feel my hands starting to get cold as seconds passed by. Parang biglang sumikip iyong suot ko. I felt like I needed to go out to breathe.

"Do you have an appointment with him, Ma'am?"

Holy—he's really working here?

I clamed up. I suddenly felt dizzy.

"Because if you don't have an appointment, Ma'am, I suggest you make one first before you can see him," she said, looking concerned as I began to have a panic attack. "Ma'am, are you okay?"

I nodded, trying to control myself.

"Y-Yeah... Do you have a rest room here?" I asked.

The receptionist politely pointed me at the direction of the rest room. With my shaking knees, I managed to go there. Thankfully, walang tao sa CR. I removed my freaking wig and splashed some cold water on my face.

"You're doing this for JJ," I reminded myself as I stared at my reflection. I kept on breathing deeply, constantly telling myself that I should suck it up... This wasn't just for me... This was for my son... My son who's begging to be introduced to his father.

I needed to do this.

But when the door swung open, I panicked and hid inside one of the stalls. Shit, Justin! Even the slightest movement was enough to send my system into a fucking overdrive! Pakiramdam ko ay matatahimik lang ako kapag nawala na si Justin sa mundo!

"Sobrang hot ni Sir grabe."

My forehead creased. Something was telling me to listen.

"I know! Too bad he's already with someone, no?"