~ fifty-eight

( chapter fifty-eight;
sAve me a dAnce )

( chapter fifty-eight; sAve me a dAnce )

▂▂▂▂

A FEW DAYS HAD PASSED BY AND IT WAS now the day of the schools masquerade dance. Madison was still determind she wasn't going, and she couldn't, she didn't have a dress, or a mask.

It was currently eight in the morning and Madison was asleep on the sofa in the Halpert living room. Her exhaustion had caused her to fall asleep there instead of in her bedroom. She kept muttering Alison's name, her constantly on edge brain making her dream of the blonde.

A sudden gasp of air left her lips and she woke herself. A night terror. Madison grogily pushed herself up, seeing a blanket had been placed over her small frame at some point.

She exhaled an exhausted breath and whispered to herself, "Why?"

Her hand moved to her the center of her collarbones, Caleb's necklace was no longer there. She'd taken it off because she knew he and Hanna were together now, so it felt wrong to wear it.

Alison seemed to be constantly on her mind. She would've loved that, Madison thought to herself.

One of the last things Madison remembered about Alison, was the night before she left for her grandmothers house in Georgia. Alison had invited her and the others around her house, so they were all preparing for a movie night.

Flashback, August 2009

Madison sat on a soft, pink chair beside Alison's bed, where the four other girls were cuddled together. She had a blanket over her  and her legs were tucked under her bum as she watched Alison flip through a small folder of DVDs.

"Pretty In Pink?" The blonde asked, reading out the names of the DVDs.

"Yes!" Hanna exclaimed.

Madison scrunched her nose up, "Nah."

"The Notebook?" Spencer suggested.

Madison rolled her eyes with a playful smile, "Spence, we've already seen that like fifty times because of you."

"What?" Spencer became a little defensive, "It's a good movie."

"Mean Girls?" Aria asked.

"A film of a girl pretending to be someone she isn't?" Madison questioned, "Sounds familiar."