i want to give you your grin (15)

"you are the atmosphere of beauty through which I see life, you are the incarnation of all lovely things."

-oscar wilde

_____________________

kaycee awoke the next morning to the sunshine the shone through the window of the cabin. She opened her eyes slowly, adjusting to the new brightness of the room. Her heart leaped when she found sean laying next to her, having completely forgotten the events of last night. both of their heads were rested on the same pillow, her face angled towards him, so close her eyelashes brushed on his cheeks. She took a silent breath, inhaling the smoky scent that filled the bed. She could feel her hand resting on his chest and the weight of his own hand on top of hers. smiling, she admired him as he rested peacefully, his hair a mess and his cheeks flush from the warmth.

"hey," she whispered, knowing that they had to be up for breakfast soon. he stirred slightly but his stayed shut, Kaycee moved from her position beside him to place both of her hands on the sides of his face. 

"Shamu." she said, slightly louder this time, rubbing her thumbs over his cheeks. At this, Sean wrapped his arms around her small waist, pulling her down to lay next to him again.

"5 more minutes kayc." he groaned, placing his forehead on hers as they both lay facing each other.

"we have to be up for breakfast soon, you goof." she giggled, amused at his groggy state.

"who cares about breakfast, I want to stay like this for a while," he said, slowly becoming more alert, opening his eyes to meet hers. Kaycee could feel his thumbs tracing her waist, making her blush.

"cmon lewser," she said, her heart full. "we have to fix your hair, its a mess." she laughed quietly, raising her arm to run her fingers through his ruffled black mess.

"ok, fine." he sighed, moving to let go of his grip on her. Before completely releasing her, he moved his chin upwards, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. His gaze returned to her eyes, flashing a dimpled to smile to the small girl. 

~~~

They had eaten breakfast with the rest of the cast, coming in a little late after seans refusal to get out of bed that morning. They sat at their usual table, tate, bailey and some of seans friends, Josh and Kenneth seated with them. Sean couldn't keep his eyes off of the girl next to him, her curly hair sprawled over her back. He could tell she still wasn't comfortable with his gaze on her in front of everyone so he tried to keep his glances to a minimum, which was hard to do when all he wanted to do was wrap her in his arms and hold her. 

The morning passed quickly, filled with activities miss Janelle had planned. They did relays, games, and ziplining. Sean had held Kaycee's hands as they stood on top of the zip lining platform, knowing she had a fear of heights. He had helped her as she slowly worked her way to the edge, the whole time sean telling her how strong she was. He had given her a smile as she let go of his hand, jumping off the tall structure. Cheers filled her ears from the people below as she flew along the wire.

Kaycee had waited at the bottom of the line, watching as the boy glided towards her, immediately wrapping her arms around him as he landed.

"you did it kayc," he whispered into her ear as he squeezed her back.

~~~

After a busy morning, everyone was seated in the common room, a makeshift stage had been built at the front of the large area. Everyone was getting ready for the sing-off, the list posted on the wall with their order of performance.