curtains closing (26)

an// here it is.

im sorry for the delay, ive been crazzzzyyyy busy and really unmotivated as of late, but i finally finshed it.

i hope you all enjoying the finale of i see the light

:)

_____________________

Kaycee sat in her dressing room, staring at herself in the glowing mirror. There were 20 minutes till the curtains would rise and she was ready. She felt beautiful as she watched her reflection, her handmade dress, her long blonde wig, her simple makeup... but more than anything she could see her beauty from the inside. She felt her spirit as it rose within her as if it had become lighter than air. the past month had been the best time of her life, Sean made her feel like a princess, not the kind that needed saving but the kind that was strong enough to stand on her own two feet. He had shown her how to love herself way before she found out about the love he held for her, something for which she would be eternally grateful.

Despite all that Sean had done for her, Kaycee had also grown more on her own than she ever believed she could. She had grown strong in mind as well in heart. She learned how to stand sturdy in her values and beliefs, and how to protect them when obstacles blocked her path. She had faced her fear of love, with herself and with Sean, realizing that she couldn't expect herself to be anyone's someone, if she didn't believe that she was capable of it.

Now, Kaycee sat in her chair, smiling gently at herself, inhaling deeply, more ready than she'd ever been for the night she'd been preparing for all year. She knew her lines, she could sing the songs, and she had found her prince.

"kayc?" someone called from the other side of the thin door, making kaycees heart swell, knowing who it was.

"im decent." she laughed softly as the door swung open to reveal Sean, leaning against the doorframe, his dimpled smile shining a thousand watts.

"look at my beautiful princess," he said calmly, shaking his head.

"you look pretty good yourself Eugene." she giggled, still marvelled by his power to fill her stomach with butterflies even after this long.

"are you ready?" he asked, already knowing her answer.

"definitely." Kaycee answered, feeling her grin spread wider with each passing moment.

"come here." he gestured, taking a few steps to meet her as she stood.

Sean took her hands in his own, squeezing them gently before placing his forehead lightly against hers.

"kaycee caitlin rice, i am so incredibly proud of you." he started, looking down at her. "you have come so far from that she little girl i watched at the auditions. even back then you had me wrapped around your finger, but now kayc. my god, you're my whole world."

"sean..." she whispered, a knot forming in her throat.

"one more thing. you are crazy talented, and i can't wait to watch you up there tonight. I am so lucky that i not only get to share the stage with you but also my future. if you decide to keep me around." he chuckled, moving one of his hands to hold the side of her cheek.

"i wouldn't have it any other way." she smiled, squeezing the hand that was still in hers tightly, willing the tears to dry.

Sean leaned in, pressing his lips to hers gently. Kaycee smiled into the kiss, pulling away slightly before going in again. After a few moments, they leaned away, sean looking down into the small girls eyes.

"i love you kayc." he said simply.

"i love you too." she replied, the simplicity and depth of the phrase filling her heart with joy.