Ch. 24 The First REAL Date.

Annabeth POV. 

Oh Styx, I hope my father didn't know that I had a boyfriend. He would and will kill both of us, with no mercy. Maybe for me, not him. My father showed the slightest of mercy when it came to boys, ever since Luke. I can't even remember him, well I can it's just I don't want to. 

"Hey kiddo, sorry I couldn't make it to your game." Dad said as I came in from the apartment door. I smiled. We did win. 

"Thanks dad." I smiled and then his smile melted, 

"Is that black hair on your face,." His smile and eyes had hardened. I brushed it off. Percy had walked me to the lobby of my apartment. 

"No. My friend Reyna was showing me her new style." I quickly lied and he almost didn't buy it. 

"No boys though right?" He said suspiciously and I shook my head vigourlsy. He nodded and walked off. I sighed and pulled off my dusty cleats and my outfit and hit a cold shower, I was sweating still and the game had ended twenty minutes ago. 

After my shower I got a text from Percy.

Hey, good game tonight. -p

Thanks for coming -a 

So are u free tomorrow night? -p

Yes.....why? -a

I was thinking we could go out on our first date. -p. 

Seriously! Of course! Pick me up at six! - a!! 

OkY, I'll see you there wise girl. -p. 

OMG I was going on a REAL date, WITH the HOTTEST kid in school. Like serious! OMG. I texted piper right away, she was dying.  Jason had asked her out for a Sunday lunch! Jason was pretty cute to, but I didn't see him that way. Piper did tho! And I got another text from Hazel, Frank had asked her to a movie date! Super classic Frank! So all the girls where going on dates! Omg what would I wear? And what lie would I make up to tell my father so he wouldn't kill me horribly. 

I needed to go shopping. That's what I needed to do after looking in my closet for a subtle thirty minutes, the only dress I had was from my junior prom and the blue one from last Friday. I had bad outfits, the problem was I wasn't a girly girl. I decided to go shopping tomorrow, maybe get a cute dress, it may work. I dunno, I have a lot of money from the video, the guy who posted it gave me a bunch of the profits from it. He was a nice kid. 

In the morning I got up, before my dad did, and he slept in on sundays and told him I was going shopping with Pipes, which wasn't a entire lie. 

I searched the isles of the store and was not finding anything suitable and then there it stood, fifty percent off, a cute turquoise dress, adorable with a wait strap and was really cute, I found a pair of matching heels and found a poster with cute hair designs and snapped a picture of it. For later. 

I got home at ten and my dad was still asleep, which didn't surprise me

I got home at ten and my dad was still asleep, which didn't surprise me. He was working late last night. I quietly slipped into my room and into my bathroom. I looked at the picture of the hair dos and decided to try a few. I ended up almost cutting off my whole hair, oops and finally decided on which style to do. It was super cute, it ended in a double braid down my back and I messed it up for later, I was super bored and decided to just read and do something else than be bored. My dad woke up a one, he had stayed up till four in the morning and he had nonidea that I left. 

Finally after waiting for forever I had slipped on my jewelry and outfit, put on a light touch of makeup and slipped out of the house, my father thinking I went to Pipers for dinner, he was always thinking I told the truth, if only he knew. 

There he was, in the lobby, looking out the window, he was wearing a stripped blue dress shirt, and a pair of blue jeans, dusted in what seemed to be blue cookie crumbs. I smiled, he was holding a bright blue rose, sparkling in the dying sunlight. 

"Sea Weed Brain." I said quietly but he heard me and whipped around, his hair unruly messy and his eyes filled with shock. He stared at me, almost dropping the rose, it dangling in the tips of his fingers, he started to drool a little, coming out of the corner of his mouth. I smiled and walked up to him. 

"Wise Girl." He whispered and he smiled a little, wiping the drool of with the sleeve of his shirt. He moved to me and then looked at me, 

"This is for you." He smiled and gave me the rose. I smiled and he smiled even wider because I smiled. 

"Thank you." I laughed at his smile, it was like a begging puppy, or seal for that matter. He beckoned me to the car and we drove off to wherever he was taking me. He took me inside the city, cursing softly at the traffic but it eased as we got further downtown. He joked with me and told me corny puns and funny sayings, as though we where best buds, which I didn't mind. He was fun to be around. 

Finally we arrived at this cute little Italian place, it was cute, and was apparently known for its fired octopus, which sounded delicious to me. 

We ordered our food, candle light was lighting the room, making it romantic. I smiled and ordered the octopus's and Lercy just wrinkled his nose at me buying sea food but didn't say anything and I swear he muttered "fish are friends." I almost laugh aloud. 

"So, hows your mom." I smiled and he brightened.

"Great, my sister is coming in just a couple of weeks, we're gojng to name her Zoe, after that cool hunter constellation, and the myth after her." He smiled and told me about his mom and step father and about his life mostly, I knew most of it, but of his half brother Tyson who lived with his nature loving mother, and visited on weekends to see Percy and just loved Sally to pieces. I didn't know that. 

When our food arrived we ate mostly in silence and he cracked a few jokes to keep the air light and warm, which wasn't hard to. Some where just plain stupid and others hilarious and then he told me about Leo's death ray and the possiblity that he may blow himself up or set himself on fire.......again, which worried me......because Cal might get to him before the fire and explosion. I smiled which scared me because......welll its Leo. 

After dinner he drove me home, my belly full and he was smiling. It was eight, two hours of happiness, I smiled and he dropped me off and before he did, he got out and opened the door for me. It almost made me die inside, he was so gentleman like for a cute hot kid. No wonder no girl could not like him, I was just lucky I had snagged him before some whore had gotten to him. 

"I had a good night," I whispered and his face lit up. He smiled in a your welcome smile. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, tasting still like sea salt somehow after eating spicy food. I kissed him back and then we broke apart gasping, the smile on his face not wondering. 

"See you tomorrow." I whispered and we kissed once before heading into the lobby and up the elevator, he was just standing there smiling to himself and just smiling, I laughed as the elevator doors closed. When I got home, my dad was working on his paper, paying no attention me. A rober could have come and stole half the stuff we own and my father wouldn't bat an eye. I slipped in to my night things and went to bed. 

My lips were still warm from his kiss and tasting of sea salt.