Ch. 31

Percy POV. 

Well that night ended well, I fell asleep to her heartbeat. It was freakin romantic.

I just sometimes dont understand why horrible things come after good things, Karma is a bitch. No doubt on that. 

So I left early that morning for a bad reason, but good to. My mother was going into a early labour. 

"Crap. I gotta go, Im gonna have a sister." I said as I packed my bags quickly and everyone was waking up to me leaving, Annabeth was still asleep and I hated to leave her. Reyna clapped me on the back as she saw my nerved racked face. 

"You got this Percy. Your mom will be okay." She soothed and I felt better. Reyna was such a good person. I rushed out fo the house and the air was super cold but I didn't care. I gunned my car and raced to the hospital dodging the traffic and doing my best tot get there. Finally I parked in the hospital parking lot and rushed inside, weaving in between doctors to get to the desk. There was nice lady sitting there and she looked up at me, turning her head a little in question. 

"Sally Jackson, in labour." I breathed and told her. She smiled sweetly. 

"Third floor honey, room 818, on the far left of the waiting room." I didn't wait to the thank her I dashed up the stairs, not bothering to take the elevator, I reached the third floor and quickly found the room 818, but I couldn't go in. I didn't knock. I would have to wait as a nurse came out and told me she was fine so far. 

I told you there was and part. This is it. Waiting. Its horrid as you wait for you half sister to be born. Its like waiting to get a million dollars. 

I was in the waiting room for an hour, reading magazines, tapping my foot and talking to nurses. Finally a nurse came out of the room and my hopes soared. Would I get to see my baby sister and get to hold her. Could I be the big brother I've always wanted to be? 

She ld me into the room and I smiled. My mother was sitting on the hospital bed holding a little infant. She looked at me and smile as I came in. 

"Meet Zoe." She smiled as I bent down next to her and looked at the small infant snoring softly in my mothers arms. She has little wisps of black hair and her skin was pink and raw. I smiled. She was adorable. 

"Hi Zoe." I whispered and placed a gentle kiss on her tiny forehead. The child seemed to snort in her sleep but kept snoring softly. After a minute my mother handed Zoe to me. I cradled her gently in my arms. She was so cute, so perfect. '

I admit to one thing that day and the next few. 

Being a big brother to a little girl is the best thing in the world.