Chapter 1

I heard that love comes hand to hand with pain but I never believed it because how can you hurt and cause pain to someone you love. But as I lay here on my bed staring at my ceiling trying to get the sleep I now realize how true it is.

My name is Emily White. Your average 18 years old teenager but the fun part of my life is anything but average.

I heave a sigh and toss to the other side in hopes that maybe this side is comfy and warm enough so that I could sleep and wake up early as I have my senior year starting tomorrow which I am already dreading.

Look I am an average student and I loved going to school but after this summer break let's just say I have a new hatred for that place.

I stare out the window and get lost in my thoughts and soon all that happened this summer comes rushing back to me. I wonder how could I be so oblivious to all of it and not see it coming. I release a sigh and glance at the clock to check the time.

1 am.

I get up from my bed frustrated and decide to have a warm glass of milk in hopes that maybe that could get me some sleep. I shuffle out of the bed grabbing my phone from the side table and go downstairs to the kitchen. I tiptoe quietly down the stairs trying not to wake up my family.

When I finally reached the kitchen without making a noise which to be very honest felt like a mission impossible considering the loud and clumsy person I am, I always trip over something and cause havoc which even my neighbors could hear.

I take a glass out from the cabinet and grab the milk from the fridge and pour it a pan to heat. While I wait for it to heat up I check my Instagram and see how people are enjoying the last day of summer partying and all while am here in my sweatpants and my brother's T-shirt lying around.

I was invited too many of them and my best friend, Ally, even begged me to come with her but I somehow managed to convince her that I am a lot better in my room with my laptop watching Netflix than going to a party and go through some drama.

My experience with parties has never been good after the incident and since then I avoid them.

I pour the milk in the glass and add sugar in it and walk to the counter. Suddenly I see a picture that kills me inside and breaks my heart into a million pieces.

A picture of Ryan Bowmen kissing his new girlfriend, the picture had a caption " My one <3."

The worst part.

The girl is my ex-best friend, Britney.

My heart feels like its gonna rip out of my chest and as I see them kissing and being so lost in each other. A tear escapes my eye which I wipe off quickly. I can not fall weak now.

Not this time.

Heartbreak hearts like a bitch.

I close my phone, grab the glass of milk drain it in the sink and walk upstairs to my room as I realize that now even a glass of milk won't help me sleep.

A/N: Hey people so the first chapter is up hoping you guys liked do give a vote and show some support. Let me what do think of it so far. Some real drama coming up ahead people stay tuned.