Chapter 15

Saturday passed in a blur as I had to complete tons of homework and study for some quizzes coming up. It was Sunday and I was tying up hair in a ponytail to go downstairs and have breakfast with my parents.

I walked down the stairs, I could hear the cluttering of dishes and spoons as I made my way down the stairs.

"Good morning mom." I greeted her.

"Morning sweetie, how was your sleep? " she says turning her focus to me and away from the pancakes she was making. "It was good."

I made my way towards dad who was busy reading the newspaper in his hands, I hugged him from behind and greeted him.

"Morning sweetie have a seat." He replies chuckling.

I take a seat and soon mom comes up and we start breakfast.

"How is school going on?" My mom asks me as she sips her juice. "It's going okay just too much of homework stuff," I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh I remember my senior year and how much work and assignments we were given but your mom sure did help me," Dad says and winks towards mom to which she blushes.

My parents have been high school sweethearts and their love only grows every day and it gives me hope that for everyone there is a person made and its a love like them I want. But I guess it is not my faith considering my past experience with, I gave my everything to Ryan yet he shoved it all aside and left me like it was nothing between us that mattered to him.

Dad clears his throat and turns his gaze to me I get out of my train of thoughts and give him a weird look as he places his fork down. Mom does the same.

"What's wrong guys? " I ask furrowing my eyebrows together.

"Sweetie you know as Brody's... " Dad takes a pause and inhales a sharp breath. "Death anniversary is coming up and we know how hard it was for you to cope up and we were wondering that you should take the therapy sessions again since your nightmares come and go often."

I drop my fork in surprise and just stare at them in shock.

I hate therapy. No one can understand my pain. I lost a sibling, my brother, my supporter, my friend.

No one can understand what it is like and no therapy can lessen the pain.

"Dad you know how much I hate therapy sessions," I mutter slowly looking down at my hands. I fiddle my fingers and pick up at the skin at the corner of my nails.

My usual habit when I am nervous.

"But sweetie your nightmares... " This time mom speaks up.

"Mom I am not having nightmares, I say a little louder.

I am lying. I hate lying.

But if I agree they will force me to go through therapy sessions and I don't want that. The nightmares aren't that bad I can handle it.

"Emily I have heard you crying and calling for him out at night," Dad says and I just stare at him blankly.

No.. no they can't force me for this.

"Dad I won't go to those therapy sessions you people can't force me," I speak, my voice now breaking and a tear escapes from my eye.

"But we just want to help you," Mom says with tears streaming down her face.

"I don't need help, no bloody person can understand my pain, no therapist can help me... I lost my brother and no one can understand that pain." I scream loudly and mom backs away scared by my sudden outburst. Dad just stares at me with shock on his face.