Chapter 7

Words.

Words hurt too. We never realize the power of words, how much they can hurt someone, or how much damage it can cause. We just say stuff that might seem normal to us but could break someone completely, they could make someone feel small or someone so special, they could make someone feel like they don't deserve the world while to someone else they make them feel like they are the most important person in the world, it could break somebody or make somebody. They can make you fall in love or let you never fall in it again.

It has been almost half an hour since Andrew has been driving and during the whole ride, we haven't muttered a single word. The windows are down and the wind outside blows my hair away from face and calms me down too, tress pass by us and the roads are empty it seems like we are far away from the residential area as I see no houses around or any other sign of life.

"Where are we going?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"You will see," Andrew replies, his eyes still focused on the road. I notice his knuckles turning white due to the tight hold on the steering wheel.

I nod my head and look outside.

After 10 minutes of the drive, the car comes to a sudden halt and I notice we are at a place with the forest around us. It is dark but the stars shining in the sky give enough light to see.

Andrew opens the door and steps out of the car while I just sit there watching him move towards my side, he opens my door and offers me his hand. I look at his hand for a few seconds and then his face his eyes are focused on me and I stare back at him while holding his hand.

He closes the door behind me and we just stand there for a few seconds in complete silence. "You did not bring me here to kill me and bury me among these tresses and run right?" I question him, raising my eyebrow.

He chuckles and shakes his head, "If I would kill you then who will I annoy shortcake? Come on I will have to keep you alive." he replies, smirking at me.

"How caring of you," I say sarcastically, keeping my hand on my chest and giving him the best fake smile I could muster.

He laughs at me and pushes me forward to we could walk, he is still holding my hand and I can feel the warmth radiating from his palm. We walk in a comfortable silence towards whatever destination Andrew is taking me.

He removes a few branches in the way so we could pass easily and that it doesn't hurt us, I enjoy the silence and the darkness as we move.

Soon we reach a point and Andrew stops, when I look at him to ask where are we he points forward and I move my gaze to see where he is pointing and notice a sight that one could die for.

There is a small river bank surrounded by trees, the light from the stars and moonshine on to the water and it looks the beautiful sight in the whole world. The place is surrounded by trees so I believe no one can see this place from outside. I move towards the water and hear the calming voice of it, the water is clear and blue. The ground is covered in thick grass and I could say that I have never seen a more beautiful place in my life.

"How did you found this place?" I ask him, curiosity in my voice.

"Ah... I was seven when my mom brought me here, no one knows about this place but I thought maybe you need to be here and might like it." He speaks, scratching his head.

I notice him blushing, I smile at him and speak, "I love it Andrew thank you so much, but this place is really special to you, you shouldn't have brought me here."

"You are special too." He speaks in a low voice. I look at him in surprise and he stares at me, I am thankful that it is dark so that he can not see my blushing cheeks. I clear my throat and move towards the riverbank, I take off my boots, pull my jeans up, and put my feet in the water. The water is a bit cold but bypassing seconds it feels normal.