Chapter 26

Betrayal can come from anyone and it can hurt like a bitch but it hurts the worst when it come from the one you least expect it and that is the irony of it.

You know when you trust a person and they let you down a part of you is never ready to accept that they did what they cared about you right? They did and said all those things so how come they will let you down that way but they do and now you are left with the feeling of utter disbelief and hurt.

"So Emily you understand what you have to do right?" Trevor's voice stops my train of thoughts and I try to remember what he was saying.

So basically I have to try to get some information about the whereabouts of Andrew's gang and what they are up to by getting close to him. Along with this I also gotta search for the piece of information that Brody left for me while making sure that Andrew doesn't know that I found how Brody died.

Piece of cake right?

"Yeah, I understand." I reply to Trevor's pervious question while absent-mindedly while tracing my fingers on the coffee cup infront of me that has now gone cold.

When I asked Trevor what I will have to do he asked me to meet him and he will brief me on everything which is why I am sitting at a coffee shop right now planning how to take down the leader of a gang that deal with drugs and arms smuggling.

Just a normal day in the life of Emily White.

Trevor places his hand on top of my hand and my hands suddenly stop tracing the corner of the cup and I look at him only to find him staring me in straight in the eyes. "You'll be fine Em, and no matter what I am here with you always." He says gently and I for a second think of how Andrew's touch made me feel that day in the party and how we almost kissed, the moment that I was once hoping for is something that makes me want to puke now.

I smile a little in return and nod my head.

But a sudden realization hits me too that no touch will ever give me those butterflies or that sudden rush of blood or that fast beating heart like how Andrew's touch did.

Sucks when a person has that much control on you.

Sucks more when that person is now your enemy.

                     °°°°°°°°°°

Monday finally comes after a long dragging and dreadful weekend but Monday is also something I was not looking forward to cause I was not looking forward to facing Andrew, I have been ignoring his calls and texts since that day from the party and now as I walk through the hallways all I am trying is to come up with an excuse to give him for ignoring him.

I heave a sigh and finally reach my locker just as I am punching the codes in I feel a presence next to me. And before I can even look who it is my heart already knows who it is.

"Can I at least get an explanation?" Andrew asks pointedly looking at me with a straight face and somehow I still find a trace of worry in his features. I ignore it and ask him plainly, "Regarding what?"

"Hm, let's see.. I don't know maybe regarding how you disappeared from the party without even informing me and how you have been ignoring since then." He replies a little angrily and his behavior makes me feel more angry cause how can one act to care for someone? How can someone be so fake??

I try to control my emotions and remember my plan, the bigger picture of everything.

"I wasn't ignoring you Andrew I was just not feeling well that day and then I rested the whole weekend, I really am sorry for not replying to your calls or texts." I say calmly and try to muster up a smile.