Chapter 10

I woke up excitedly and with a grin on my face which is quite rare for me. But the thing is I was actually excited about what is about to happen today.

The memories of yesterday run through my head and I think to myself how much fun I had with Andrew and it was so wrong of me to judge him as a bad person.

Although I still am wondering why did he act so weird in front of Trevor. I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts and run to my washroom to get ready for the day.

I dress up in a pair of jeans with a T-shirt on top, I take a cardigan since the weather seems a little chilly. I am tying up the laces of my Vans when I get a text from Ally informing me that she will be here in ten minutes.

Realizing I still have time I grab my bag and move downstairs to get some breakfast. I enter the kitchen and mom is making omelets.

Hmm, good day.

She is in her work attire, a pencil skirt, and a fitted shirt on top. "Good morning MA!!" I greet her a little chirpier as I hug her.

"Morning to you too looks like someone is in a good mood." She says, smiling at me. I smile back at her and shrug.

"Need some help?" I ask her looking around.

"Sure can you pour the coffee in cups, honey." She says, serving the omelets on the plate. I nod at her and pour the coffee after which we both sit down and dig into our food.

"Where's dad?" I mumble with food in my mouth. Mom gives me the look 'do not eat and talk' I give her a sheepish smile.

"He had to leave early today." She says in a sad tone. My mood drops and I look at my food and nod my head.

"Sweetie you know that's how he copes with it," Mom says trying to convince me. I smile at her forcefully and she gives me a sad smile.

I don't know till how long will we go on this way, we can't keep hurting ourselves. Yes Brody is gone and it hurts but would he have liked seeing us this way?

I sigh to my self and take a sip of my coffee.

All of a sudden I remember how dad reacted weird yesterday so I decided to ask mom about it.

"Hey mom, why was dad all weird yesterday after meeting Andrew?" I ask, getting up and putting my plate in the sink.

I notice mom stiffen a little and her eyes grow bigger a little. She is silent for a few seconds but turns to me and speaks, "You know how protective your dad is for you that's all honey."

"Ummm okay. " I reply half-convinced with the answer. I hear a honk outside and I move outside realizing Ally is here.

As I make my way outside I have one thought in my mind.

Are my parents hiding something from me?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"So you are saying you guys basically planned a prank for Ryan and Brittany?" Ally asks in a surprised tone.

"Sushh keep it low Al someone will hear you?"

"Oh god who are you and what have you done to my friend? How did she turn into such a daring person?" Ally says, shaking me.

I laugh at her stupidity and push her away from a little. "Guess Andrew is just rubbing up on me," I tell her, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well, I should be thankful to him for that." Ally replies pulling her bag strap higher on her shoulder.

We are walking towards our first class, well Ally is more like a zombie walking since she hates calculus while I am chirpier than usual for my Chemistry lab. I guess I am just excited to meet Andrew after yesterday.