Chapter 21

"YESSS, RUN ANDREW YOU GOT THIS GOALLLL," I scream at the top of my lungs as Andrew runs towards the goal dribbling the soccer ball with his feet swiftly.

It is raining like cats and dogs with thunders crashing, weirdly enough the whole day the weather was fine but somehow just when the match started it started to drizzle and now it was falling from the sky like crazy. Since the match had already started it was decided to let it continue as it was a major quarter-final.

Andrew soon scored another goal and now we were at 2-2 with the other team, which was Beacon High, and they had some pretty good players which made this match quite suspenseful and kept everyone on their seats biting their nails.

"Oh my god, what do you think Em can we win?" Ally asks me keeping her gaze forwards totally focused as Tyler was playing today too and damn, was he a mean player, Ally was wearing one of Tyler's soccer team t-shirt which he gave to her the other day and it was such a cute gesture. "As long as we play on the attack and not on defense and if only Scott and Micheal don't break their formation as they can easily pass the ball to Andrew who can make a goal," I say loudly as it was hard to hear anything due to the loud cheering and the rain.

As the words left my mouth I could feel Ally's stare at me which made me turn to her and ask, "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She smiles at me genuinely and shakes her head, "It's just I haven't seen you this invested in a soccer game ever since Brody." She speaks quietly but loud enough for me to hear.

I gulp and look at her in shock but the shock was less towards her words and more on my own self as the realization of her words dawned on me, she really was right ever since Brody I haven't really been this excited or invested in a soccer game but somehow Andrew has sparked up that love in me again and if I am being honest I could not be more thankful to him for this, as soccer really connected me to Brody.

"Hey look Andrew is going for a goal I guess." Ally's voice booms and I get out of my thoughts and shift my focus to the game and notice him running with the ball trying to dodge it from three players who are now surrounding him from every side. Andrew kicks the ball slowly from between the legs of one of the players and quickly dodges him to take control of the ball again. There are only 30 seconds left for the match to end.

I start to chew the skin close to my nails cause of the anxiety that this game is causing now. I realize that he is going to dodge the player that is on his right by throwing the ball with a curve as he is already near the goal he is trying to aim for the goal.

Damn Andrew that is a hard move.

I internally pray that he makes this move successfully, I bite my nails in anticipation as he nears the goal and finally makes the shot. I swear my heart stopped at that moment as the ball swirled through the air.

The goalkeeper jumps to the left side to catch the ball but the ball swiftly passes by him and touches the net.

Goal.

The whole crowd erupts into cheers and screams as the referee whistles simultaneously indicating the end of the match. Ally and I scream and hug each other being happy for our team.

The team players lift Andrew up as he really did win the match for his team today since two out of three goals were scored by him. He laughs and celebrates with the boys but suddenly his gaze landed on me and he winked at me but that did not shock me what shocked me was what came forward with it.

He kissed his two fingers and pointed them towards me and then look away, for a second I stood there in utter shock as to what just happened. It might have been a small gesture for him but to me it was something.