Chapter 3

Its been a week since I have been paired up as lab partners with Andrew and let's just say that one week has been a hell for me in every possible way.

His continued flirting, poking, joking, smirking makes things even harder. I do not get it how can someone be so annoying. Just the other day he made me mix up the wrong chemicals by assuring me that I am doing it right but the smell and irritation it created made Mrs. Drake cancel the class.

That guy had the audacity to laugh by the end of all this drama cause according to him it was a very smart and funny move.

Why do boys have to be so annoying?

"Thinking about me shortcake?" I hear a voice next to me.

Talk about the devil.

"Actually yes, I was thinking about how to kill you. Care to share some ideas?" I answer him giving him a fake smile. He smirks and looks at me with his shiny brown eyes and speaks, " I always knew you would be the death of me shortcake."

Before I could answer I hear the classroom door open and see Mrs. Drake enter the class in the perfect work attire and a straight face.

Told ya, that woman never smiles.

"Good Morning class lets begin the day," she speaks.

Yup never.

She starts passing us some papers which are some practicals that we have to perform today in the class. They are pretty basic and simple ones so it is gonna be pretty easy.

Unless Andrew decides to make it another day in hell for me.

"Why do you zone out so much?" I hear a voice that brings me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"I asked why do you zone out so much?" Andrew says, bringing his hand to his cheeks for support after placing his elbow on the desk in front of him.

"To avoid you and your stupid face," I answer with a straight face. "Really? You know shortcake you are the only one who does not enjoy this amazing view, girls die for it you know?"

"Huh? what view? I do not see any view." I reply to him and look around to add a little more effect. He chuckles at my sarcastic answer and runs his hand through hair.

Damn his hair are good.

What conditioner does he use even? Should I ask him?

"It's in the genes." I hear him speak. Realizing I said that out loud I flush with embarrassment and start focusing on the practical while Andrew laughs at my stupidity.

God, why me??

I soon start mixing up the chemicals stated on the question while Andrew starts writing up the answers of the calculated parts we soon get busy and the only words we speak are related to the work right in front of us.

After a while, Andrew starts doing the work with chemicals while I sit and do the parts related to calculations. "So tell me something about you shortcake?" Andrew asks while turning around and facing me.

I look at him for a good 5 seconds and contemplate whether I should or no. I mean he is just a lab partner nothing more, after months I would not even see him and how can I trust someone who I do not even know properly but something inside me says that I can trust him and share a thing or two about me but before I do that I thought of playing along a bit.

"Why should I?" I question him while focusing on the moles' calculation in front of me.

God, I hate that thing.