Chapter 13

After a ten minutes drive, Andrew pulls up in his driveway although I have been here at the party before during the day time I realize how huge it is.

I step out of the car and stand outside awkwardly. Andrew steps out and locks his car with the key chain, he walks over to me and grabs my hand.

It seems so normal now but the butterflies erupt every time.

We start walking towards the gate of the house and Andrew unlocks it with the key he has. He steps inside but I stand outside looking around weirdly.

"Shortcake are you coming in or do you intend to just stand there," Andrew asks me, a smile on his face. I roll my eyes at him and step inside. He closes the door behind me and he starts walking towards the stairs that lead upstairs. I decide to follow him quietly.

"Andrew is that you?" We both turn our head back to the voice which is coming from the kitchen. A woman in her early forties walks out of the kitchen, she is wearing a plain T-shirt with denim jeans below, a blue apron completing her look, her hairs are in a bun. The eye color is what gets me, brown.

Just like Andrew.

"Hey, mom." Andrew greets walking towards his mom and planting a kiss on her head. She smiles at him and speaks, " You are early home today." She says.

"Yeah didn't have anything for today."

Huh?

The woman turns her head to me and I look down like a good communicator I am. "Who is she?" her mom asks in a confused tone but with a slight smile on her face.

"She is Emily White, my friend, we got some assignment to complete so I decided to bring her to our place," Andrew replies casually.

Although I don't miss the gap he took before saying 'my friend'

"Hello, Mrs. Stone." I finally speak mustering up some courage. "So you are Emily.." she says while looking me with the deep brown eyes. Wait does she know me?

"Well hello dear and please call me Lily, Mrs. Stone makes me feel really old." She says and I laugh along with Andrew.

"Okay, Mrs. Stone.. I mean Lily." I say flushed up a little at the embarrassment. She laughs lightly and turns to Andrew. "Andrew here never told me of bringing you home and I would have not believed him anyways cause he never brings any of his girlfriends home," Lily says.

I raise my eyebrow at Andrew and he scratches his neck awkwardly. "Mom why are cooking where are the cooks?" Andrew asks quickly changing the topic.

"Well they are here but I felt like making something myself and since your friend is here and I really like her I think I will make something for you guys till you guys study," she says, although I don't miss the emphasis she put on the word friend.

What is going on here?

Before we could talk any more Andrew pulls my hand and we walk towards the stairs. As we are passing by I notice the pictures lining up the walls. I notice a very young Andrew with a grin and in many of them, he is holding a soccer ball. Probably they are from his games.

I also notice some family pictures in which there is a man and notice the similarities between him and Andrew, he looks exactly like how Andrew looks right now.

Hmm, that might be Mr. Stone, Andrew's dad.

I think to myself, I notice a picture of Andrew with a girl probably a year older than us. They are both laughing at each other and the picture is taken by someone else. I notice the carelessness and happiness behind Andrew's laugh showing almost as he was very happy. The girl is so beautiful I think to myself. She has dark blonde hair that falls on her shoulders, her face looks so bright and so does her smile making it seem like she could almost light up the whole world with just her presence.