Chapter 17

You are Mine Now...

.

.

.

Chapter 17

.

.

.

Haru's POV

.

.

.

"Do you still want to kiss me?"

"I'd rather die." Words as cool as the ice slip out and break, chilling the room's atmosphere.

The king's jaw tightens and clenches then relaxes, his eyes wild and unpredictable.

"Then you are free to go." The temperature drops another couple of degrees.

What?

"Wha... What do you mean by that?" Clearing my throat, I look at him in disbelief.

"I meant exactly what I said. You can leave. I'm not stopping you." The wildness in Rin's eyes has completely stilled into a freezing stare.

After all that? After everything you did to me?!

An unknown anger boils up inside my stomach, turning my insides as I walk over to him.

"You have to be kidding me," With a balled up fist, I grab his velvet robes and yank him closer, "All that humiliation.. all that pain and sacrifice and you just let me go?! Do you think I'm a fool?!"

No...

"Why are you fighting my words so hard Haru?" A cold gentle hand cups my face, directing my head up, "Isn't this what you wanted? I'm giving it to you so why aren't you taking it?"

"You expect me to fail this stupid test of yours right after that ridiculous stunt you just put me through?!" My voice echoes throughout the entire room.

"This isn't a test Haru." Rin sighs and fishes a hand into his robe pocket, "Here."

He takes out a sheathed silver knife and unsheathes it, handing it to me.

"If you don't believe then take this." He pulls his hands away slowly.

"What good would this do for me against all of your guards?" Grasping the knife tightly. my hands begin to shake slightly.

"Most of them are still scouting and I dismissed the others to protect Gou," Maroon eyes stare mine down, "I've done terrible things to you Haru and I don't think I'll ever be able to stop. My possessiveness, anger, and love are too much for me to handle. I can't stop myself from hurting you so please.. kill me, run away, do what you need to do."

"Love?" I can feel a twist broken smile tug my lips upwards, "Love?! This is what you call love?! It's a joke!"

"Haru..." Rin's voice breaks. His face tight lips pursed.

"Stop that.."

More anger..

"Why do you look like the one in pain when all you did was hurt me?!" I clench my teeth and swing the blade directly at his throat only to stop with the point poking his adam's apple.

The king does not budge. His eyes slowly close and his body relaxes as if he completely has if he accepted his fate.

"Why?!" My throat starts to ache, "Why are you doing this to me?!"