Confusion

Breakfast, shower, dress, and get out.

That was the plan.

Keep your head down, don’t talk to anyone. Yeah, that was a good plan.

Too bad I know something will go wrong.

No! No negative thinking, just get in and get out.

I wasn’t wearing my track pants, but I felt completely mortified to leave the room like this, I was hugely against showing off skin. It just feels wrong, it’s my skin, and it’s not up for display. I could show off my knee’s down, my whole arms (of course), hell even cleavage when necessary. But anything else was a no go area. No-Go.

I creak my door open, I check the corridor, coast is clear.

I tiptoe out my room, make it to the hallway and enter the kitchen.

Reed, Sue, and Ben were there.

Okay, don’t freak out. This aint bad, they’re just eating breakfast. They don’t know what happened.

My blood boiled at the thought, and I had to grind my teeth to stop myself from freezing over.

“Hey guys” I mumbled sleepily. Maybe if I act tired and absentminded they’ll leave me alone.

“Morning” Ben grumbles back, although he can’t help the rumble in his voice. He was standing by the counter, he poured me a glass of orange juice and hands it over to me. I accept it with a grateful smile.

Who invented taking orange juice in the morning? He was a genius and an idiot. I mean, I want food in the morning, not a squeezed fruit that sometimes taste sourer. But I gotta give em props, he must’ve made a buttload of cash.

“How are you this morning?” Sue asks me from the brim of her cup of coffee. I nearly hiss at it, me and coffee were sworn enemies.

“I’m good, thanks for asking” I reply, flashing her my most winning smile.

“Sleep well?” Reed asked.

What’s with all the questions?

“Like a baby” I stretch to emphasis my point. It wasn’t a complete lie, I was sleeping like a baby before last night’s episode.

All three adults raised their brows at me.

“Really?” Ben grumbles.

“What?” I ask.

“Nothing” Reed and Susan say at once.

“What!?” I was really interested now.

“Really, Victoria it’s not-” Ben interrupts Sue.

“Oh c’mon Suzy. She’s above 18 now. And she has a right to now”

Know what?” I am literally gonna explode.

“It’s not appropriate!” Susan stresses.

Oh no, I hope it isn’t…

“She might have even done it” Ben points at me.

“What!” Reed spits out his food.

“Whatever it is, I didn’t/haven’t done it” I say with my arms raised.

I could see the chaos about to unfold when-

“Whhhhaaaaaaaat’s uuuuup” Johnny walks in yawning. “guys?”

“Okay I gotta go” I drop the glass of orange juice, on the counter quickly. I refuse to look in his direction, I absolutely refuse to look.