Chapter 1

Auria's POV

It's been a year since I had to enter the all girl orphanage because my family hates me. Life sucks here and I lost who I am. No one understands me except Miss Blair, who is the head of the orphanage but she has this high hope that I may get adopted soon. Miss Blair is sitting on her desk as I sit in the chair getting lectured because I gave Miss Serena a hard time about eating. The gate for the property bell rang and she buzzed them in. She took a protein bar from her draw and placed it in front of me. Miss Blair said "Auria You have five minutes to eat at least half before I come back. Don't leave this room either." I nodded and she left to go get the door. I ripped the bar in half and ate it while I wrapped the other half and put it back on Miss Blair's desk. I heard a lot of foot steps entering the orphanage and gathered my belongings. Miss Blair entered the room and asked the family to stay outside for a minute. She closed the door and said "Auria did you eat?" I nodded and she checked the garbage can to double check and nothing was there. She dismissed me and I left. As I walked past this family it was 6 girls, 5 boys, and their mom and dad. I quickly ran up the stairs and slammed the door.

Miss Blair's POV

I invited the Cimorelli family into my office so we can discuss what brought them here today. They pulled out their folder with foster parent license and I scanned it into my computer. Mike asked me if we had anyone from ages 5-10 who needs a foster home and I showed him the pictures and profiles of all of the girls. I said "I do have one eleven year old who is in need of a good place and she has been here for a year." Lynne, the mother, looked at Mike and they said "can we look at her profile." I went and took Auria's file out of the safe. As they were reading I heard screaming coming from two girls. I radioed Miss Serena to go take care of it since I was with a family but I heard foot steps running down the stairs and a fast rapid knock on my door. I opened it to see Auria crying and I just picked her up as she wrapped her legs and arms around me. I said to the family "I am so sorry. Give me one moment." We walked through to the private patio I have connected to my office so I can talk to her. She told me that Lily who is fifteen started throwing her art work around because she gave Miss Serena a hard time. I was able to get her to a normal breathing pattern and ran into my office and brought back the sketch book she keeps in my office for when she has one of her episodes. I entered the office again with closing the patio  door so I could finish my meeting with the Cimorelli family. Mike and Lynne said at the same time "we will take the eleven year old." I immediately got so happy because Auria will be going to a good home for now and doesn't have to be trapped here! I mentioned "let me go grab her really fast." I opened the patio door and said "hey girly I have a surprise for you."

Auria's POV

I have no idea what is going on but Miss Blair told me that she has a surprise for me. We entered the office and I sat in Miss Blair's chair. I was so confused on what was going on and the man that looked like a dad looked at me and said "Auria I'm Mike and this is Lynne and our six daughters Christina, Katherine, Lisa, Amy, Lauren, and Dani and our five sons Mike, Alex, Nick, Christian, and Joey. We were wondering if you would like us to be your foster family and in five months Miss Blair will come over and we will discuss if we will adopt you, continue fostering you, or send you back with her. What do you say about that?" I nodded my head and gave Miss Blair a hug. Miss Blair mentioned "how about Auria you bring the girls up with you to pack your belongings and Mike, Lynne, and I discuss final paper work and the boys can wait outside of your room to carry down your bags." Immediately I grabbed the girls and we ran into my room and started packing.

Miss Blair's POV

I closed the door after the kids left and sat across from Mike and Lynne while they were finalizing the paperwork. I mentioned to them "She has a hard time trusting people, is known for causing trouble, has an eating disorder, and is known for running away when she can't express her emotions. She came from a rough home and when you leave I will give you her entire profile with medical information, charts, there is news articles in there about her family, and her Child PFA against her biological parents and her two biological brothers. Please take good care of her. I am her person here that she feels comfortable with but when she first arrived it took her six months to talk to me. If you need any help with how to handle her please do not hesitate to call or message me." Mike and Lynne said "we will take good care of her. We will let you know if we need anything." They finished the paper work right when all the kids came down with Auria's suitcase and her two book bags of her belongings. I gave her a huge hug and watched her get into the van and as they drove off.