CHAPTER 1

Hi my name is Amani im 16 years old, im a junior at Fordham Leadership Academy. Im Dominican from both side of my parents.

 So let me tell you more about me. At my school im a nerd i dont get attention from people and im not a wanna be hoe like these other girls. 

Im caramel skinned and thick with nice (natural) curly hair that stops at my waist. My mom died when i was 8 years old and ive been living with my dad and its not easy.

 everyday he gets home drunk and starts beating me and every morning he comes to crying saying sorry.

 your probably wondering why i dont move out and the reason why is because i dont have no where to go.

AMANI POV

I woke up this morning to my alarm like always. so got up and went to my bathroom and turned on the shower and did all my hygiene stuff. when i came out i decide to wear a cute outfit i picked the night before

 i had my hair straightened from the night before so i just put it in a slick down and did my edges.

------------------------

My school is a good 30 minute walk since my dad wont drive me to school i have to walk everyday and i live on the "Crip Side" of the Bronx so when i walk to school i put in my earbuds and blast my music to 100.

 while walking to school there's always those guys that always like to talk there jiff off but i didnt mind slapping them cause while living with my dad i learned how to fight real good.

ARRIVING AT SCHOOL

When i walked into school i took out my earbuds and walked straight to my locker my bestfriend is normally there before me but today she wasn't there so I called 911. cause I really didn't like being by myself. 

FACETIME CONVERSATION 

AMANI: " BITCH WHERE YOU AT???"

JAMARI: "SORRY IM NOT GOING TO SCHOOL IM SICK IM SORRY BABYY"

AMANI: ITS OK ILL GO OVER LATER TODAY OK. I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER BESTFRIEND" *HANGS UP*

FACETIME CONVERSATION OVER

Going around school without Jamari was weird cause I didn't have any body but her but I decide to be a big girl and get through the day by myself since that was my only option.

 While I was walking down the hall the girls kept mugging me and so did the boys but I didn't put much attention to it cause I still had my bestfriend on the phone. later as I was going into my last class I took my seat which is in a corner in the back. 

20 MINS  LATER 

This group of fine ass niggas came in all darskin and lighskin with tattoos and curly hair and waves oof I thought but I didn't want to stare at them so I just did my work .

 they were four all together and the only seats that were left were the ones back right next to me. they didn't do there work they were just on there phone doing nothing but talk.

 There was this one guy next to me his name was Jayshawn. I felt eyes on me so turned around and looked and there was Jayshawn just staring at me.

Amani: "do you need something"

Jayshawn:"oh shii my bad ma"

I shook my head and turned around 

JAYSHAWN POV