Chapter 9- The Truth.

Shrek walked to his old swamp to retrieve his kids. He was in a gloom the whole time and was considering going emo. :( 

Shrek was just so confused, he knew Donkey didn't do it. He was with him. Shrek suddenly remembered how Puss' eyes changed colors and how the death didn't affect him. Now that Shrek thought about it Puss was acting strange ever since Shrek the Third after he was trapped inside Donkey's body for a while. Shrek knew he had to crack the case but now it was his time to see his kids.

He arrived at his old home, it was all he had known until he met Donkey in the forest. Many people think that Fiona changed his life, but it was Donkey. He made Shrek more caring and kind with his support. Fiona had just judged him and made it all about her. Shrek started to cry as he knocked on the door, remembering when things were good. When he didn't know the real Fiona. 

"DADA" Yelled the kids as they ran towards him. Fiona was passed out on the couch surrounded by bottles of wine. "As usual" Shrek muttered. The kids had lost their thiqqness so Shrek gave them some rats he found in the corner. Shrek thought he might as well wait for Fiona to wake up so he could explain that the kids would have to come with him. 

After an hour of waiting Shrek thought he'd just write a note and leave since Fiona wouldn't be waking up anytime soon. He took the kids and walked back to the cabin of Puss in Boots. Even though Shrek couldn't trust him, it was his only option. He knew it would be quite a walk so he told the kids about his new friend in jail Gingo and made a mental note to ask Gingy what happened between them. Shrek knew he had a lot of work to do, he couldn't be truly happy until he saw that Donkey was free.

Meanwhile in prison:

Donkey had just confessed to the crime. After the mugshot he had been thrown in Shrek's old jail cell. Donkey knew that Puss would take care of his kids when he left them there in case things went wrong. Donkey was so proud to be helping Shrek even though he's in a jail cell. He heard the door open and saw a figure standing in the doorway. "Who are YOU man??" Donkey asked with curiosity. 

"I'm Gingo and I know everything." 

After hours of talking it had been revealed. The killer was revealed and Donkey found out that it was not just one person, it was 3.

Puss, Fiona and Prince Charming.