Chapter 37: There's A Difference

After hanging out with Archie, I came back home. I totally forgot that I had to get ready for Steve's birthday party. So when I entered the house, I put down my bag next to stairs and took my shoes off. I heard my mother talking to someone in the living room, so as I got closer and started to recognize the voice of that person.

     "What is he doing here?", I asked rudely.

     "Betty, you're back.", my mom smiled. "Billy's gonna stay with us. You know like old times."

     "I don't want him here, mom.", I told her.

     "Elizabeth, don't be rude.", she warned me.

     "Mom, please. I really don't want him here, he's a first class jerk."

     "Umm, I'm right here. I can hear you.", he interrupted.

     "Does it seem like I care?", I said to him and he just smirked. Jerk. "Anyway I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to Steve's birthday party tonight.

     "When will you be back?", Billy spoke.

     "Excuse me?!", I turned to him. "Do I need to ask for your permission or something?", I asked ironically. "I'll be back by 1am and please mom, when I come back I wouldn't like to see him here again.", I said leaving and going upstairs to my bedroom.

     I got ready as fast as I could and left without saying goodbye to anyone.

Billy's P.O.V.

     "She really hates you now, you can see that, right?"

     "Yeah I know, I shouldn't be in love with her Alice, but everything has been different since I fell for her."

     "Well you'll have to fight for her, Billy, really hard. She has to see that you really care for her.", this advice reminded me of my mother.

     "One day you're going to fall in love, son. Don't settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn't come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never."

     She was right. They both are. I need to fight for her.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●

     It was 3am and Betty still didn't come back home. So I decided to go to Steve's house and find her. A few minutes later I arrived at Harrington's house and when I got out of my car, I didn't hear any music.

     I decided to ring the bell first, even if I wasn't sure that anybody will hear it. Just when I wanted to give up, someone opened the door. And it was Harrington.

     "Billy?", he frowned. "What are you doing here? Do you know what time is it?"

     "I'm here for my sister, Harrington. I think you know her. Small, blonde, bit of a bitch.", I talked with cigarette in my mouth.

     "No, it doesn't ring a bell to me. Sorry", he wanted to close the door, but I stopped him with my foot.

     "I'm serious, Steve.", I took cigarette in my hand and threw it on the ground. "Where is she?"

     "I'm right here.", I could hear her voice, behind him. "You're unbelievable, you know that right?", she appeared on the door. "It's okay Steve, I'll take it from here.", she turned to him.

     "You sure?", he asked her.

     "Yeah, go back to sleep.", she smiled and before he left they kissed. "So?", she waited Steve to leave and then she turned to me.

     "You lied.", I said. "You said you'll be home by 1am, its 3am now, Betty. I thought something might have happened to you."

     "I don't need you to protect me, Billy. I can take care of myself just fine, thanks.", she wanted to close the door in my face, but I stopped her with my hand.

     "You're coming with me."

     "The hell I am.", she laughed.

     "Betty, I'm serious."

     "Why?", she asked and then paused. "Oh I see...You're jealous.", she smiled.

     "I'm not jealous."

     "Yeah, right.", she rolled her eyes.

     "Betty, you're drunk. And I'm not leaving you like this. That's the only reason."

     "I'm not drunk.", was her respond.

     I couldn't argue anymore, so I just picked her up and put her over my shoulder carrying her to my car.

     "Billy, what are you doing?! Put me down!", she screamed, starting to scratch and hit me in the back to let her go.

     I put her down in the car. After I entered, I locked it so she couldn't go out.

     "Fuck you!", was the last thing she said before turning away her head to the window.

     I was holding back really hard not to respond to that with something dirty. Because that's just the way my brain works.

     The ride home was silent. She didn't want to talk to me, just kept staring through the window, watching the sky.

     When we finally got home, I took her in my arms again, but this time bridal style.

     "I can walk on my own just fine.", she was clearly mad.

     I don't really know why I did what I did. She could stay there the night, but I simply couldn't let her. I guess she was right, I think I am jealous.

     We entered her bedroom and I put her in her bed.

     "Remember when we made love in this b...", I smirked, but she immediately cut me off not letting me to finish my sentence.

     "We fucked, we didn't make love. There's a difference.", she said coldly.

     "Yeah, I know that.", I was trying to pretend that that didn't hurt me.

     "Clearly, you don't.", she said turning to the side, turning her back on me. "You can go now."

     I nodded even if she couldn't see it. I sigh and looked around the room. It didn't change a bit. Everything's the same in here. Except the photos on her mirror. There she was with him. Smiling, kissing, hugging, having fun. I guess she didn't lie, she was happy without me. She moved on.

A/N

Heyyy, so what do you think about this chapter guys? Do you think Billy will tell Betty about the letter that Liz found adressed to her? Comment your thoughts and opinions, I would like to heart it.