Chapter 8

The bell rang and I hurried out of the class with Allura hot on my trail. I had forgotten what I agreed to. As of now, I just really wanted to go home.

"Keith wait!" she said catching up to me. I faked a smile and waited for her. We walked together to Mr. Thomas's room, who had just left. Pidge had already been there, being her last class was with him.

"Great, Pidge, you're already here. We've got lots of work to do" she said, placing her books down.

I did the same and followed her to the cupboard. She opened it up and pulled out a box. She then placed a smaller box filled with little notecards to Pidge, and one similar to me, then took the rest of it to her own seat.

"Alright Keith. Yours is a plan for the next school dance" she said. I looked disgusted at it and placed it on the table.

"Pidge, yours is ideas we need for football games, more school spirit. When I'm working on that I tend to just go all out on positivity, pretend your a preppy cheerleader."
"Ugh" Pidge said.

"And then we will work together to get this voting thing straightened out for school president"

"I thought you were president?" Pidge said, asking my question.

"I am for this club. We need a class president, I will also be running" she said proudly.
"You've got my vote" i said.

We worked in silence, Pidge put on some calming music as we all worked on our individual project. Mine was most recent, so I had to get mine done.

I looked in the box that had someone else's ideas in it from before. I assumed it was one of Allura's old friends.

The ideas were pretty basic, but I went with them, thinking of everything needed. Balloons, streamers, punch, food, a band and more.

This was incredibly hard. I noticed that they had found a band they paid for, but there were tons of students who were in bands at our own school, why would they need to pay for one?

I wrote down auditions pages and walked over to the printer to print it out, after Allura squeaked from my idea.

We would put the rest of the money into getting food and decorations. This wasn't as hard as I thought.

It was hours later when we finished. All three of us drained as we left, though we talked passionately about everything as we did.

Pidge had found a way to have fun with her job and had come up with so many ideas she was eager to get started on. We understood why students liked this so much. But that made another question arise within me.

"Why did everyone quit, this was actually pretty fun" I said. Allura sighed.

"It's not always fun. Sometimes people disagree, and instead of handling it maturely, everyone else got offended and left, I can't believe they would put all that pressure on me." she said.

Pidge put a hand on her back for comfort and I grabbed the box she was holding full of decorations. It was quiet until Pidge yelled in both our ears at the top of our lungs.
"HUNK!" we jerked away from her, thoroughly startled as she waved with both her arms at hunk, who was walking with Lance after their practice.

They both looked over and waved. They came up to us and we all started walking together.
"How was basketball!" Pidge said.
"Meh... how was the planning committee?" he asked.
"It was surprisingly a lot of fun!" and I'll spare you from Pidge's rant as she explained. Lance and Hunk were a great audience for her. They laughed when she made jokes and oohed attentively when she said something fascinating to her.

The whole time she talked I avoided eye contact with Lance, who was looking at me every now and then. Eventually, Pidge was only talking to Allura, and Hunk was talking with Lance, so I walked in silence.

I always did, but this time it's different. I forced myself to believe no one wanted to talk to me, just like always, in a time of bliss here I am messing with it.

I again shoved my stupid emotions down into the pit of darkness where they belonged and walked with them, about a step behind. As they started to gain some distance between me, Pidge slowed, as did Allura, to meet my pace. I smiled a bit and they did too.
Soon, hunk Lance and I were the only ones left on the main road. The others turned off onto their streets. Pidge and Allura apparently lived on the same one.

Hunks street was coming up. I kept quiet and listened as they talked about basketball, and Lotor, and girls.
"Hey guys, isn't it funny, that I'm the only one here who is straight?" hunk said. I looked over to Hunk who was wriggling his eyes at me. I looked to lance next who was bright red.
"Anyway, this is my stop, see you guys Monday!" he said, turning to walk down the street.

I mentally facepalmed. But lance wasn't straight. No way. I hid my excitement and walked along in silence.
"So...?" Lance said. I didn't respond. I walked a little further away from him. The box I was holding was starting to annoy me. It was bulky and heavy, the fact I was complaining about it in my head made it easier to ignore Lance.
"Why are you walking away from me?" he asked.
"You smell" i said plainly.
"Wha! I do not!" he said sniffing his shirt
"You just did basketball" I said. I kept silent after that again.
"Ughhh, you haven't spoken a bit!" he said. I didn't respond. "Look if it's because about earlier-"
"Stop" i said "i-it's fine, this box is just heavy." I said, my cheeks turning a tomato red.
"Oh?" he said, noticing.
"Yeah".
"Okay..." he said ripping the box from my hands. "Now you can talk to me right?" he said.
"I guess"
"Good... so how was your day?"
"Why do you want to know?" I said
"Jeez, let your guard down for like five seconds and say good"
"Fine... my day was good"
"There we go!" he said. His smile was bright, it was hypnotizing.
"What did you do in art?"
"Art."
"You've got to be kidding me"
"What?" he started laughing, making a smile appear on my face.
"What is your favorite color?" he asked.
"Red" I replied.
"Is it because your face always turns that color?"
"N-no!" i said. He laughed again and continued.
"Name your family" he said. I thought for a second.
"Shiro and Kosmo"
"Who are they"
"Brother and dog"
"Which is which"
"Shiro brother, cosmo dog" I said
"Why are you speaking so carefully."
"So I won't let anything slip" i answered truthfully.
"What are you hiding?"
"Everything" I said, grabbing my box back and turning down my own street.
Why hello there whomever is reading this have a nice day. ;) I promise it gets better just keep reading...