Chapter 9

So I've already raised about $200 dollars in the past 2 months already. I was serious about this trip to Japan. I even told my mother I was going but she didn't seem to care much. I was working about 2-3 jobs after school. I was a waitress, a cashier, and I was a delivery girl at a pizza place.

Dahyun:
Momo, I have something
to tell you!!!

Momo:
What is it???

Dahyun:
So I've been saving up
money to go to Japan!!

Momo:
Why?

Dahyun:
So I can go see
you!! Duh!!!

Momo:
Oh. Right.

Dahyun:
Are you okay?
You don't sound as happy as I
imagined you to be.

Momo:
No. I'm fine it's just that
I'm surprised! When
are you gonna be here.

Dahyun:
In 2 months.
Read

1 Month Later

Momo has been acting weird lately. She doesn't text me good morning anymore. She rarely responds to my texts. And every time i do text her, she would just respond with a simple "yeah, lol, okay," or just read it and not respond.
It's all ever since I told her I was going to Japan.

"What do I do Chaeyoung?" I asked my friend. "I feel like when she left, she just forgot me! What if she's going out with someone else? And plans to break up with me. I knew this long distance relationship wouldn't work!"

"Just don't think about it too much! Maybe she's going through a hard time right now. I mean just because she's barely responding to you doesn't mean she's dating someone else. Maybe she's dying or something but doesn't wanna tell you. Or she's having a period."

The weird thing is, when Chaeyoung said she might be having her period, I almost cried. It reminded me of the first day we met. How she asked me for a pad and I gave her a pad and now I wish I could've given her a pad right now because she might be on her period.

"You know what? You're right Chaeyoung."

"Of course I'm right."

"I know you are. I should stop overthinking about it too much. I mean maybe something is wrong and I should give her time."

"Just wait a week or two, then it'll be back to normal." She told me.