PTSD

I'm writing this a couple weeks after the tragedy in New Zealand. I know this isn't exactly what it's about, but if you can do anything to help please do. It was a horrible tragedy and we have to help any way that we can.

// Trigger warning: There is a description of a shooting. It's not seriously graphic at all, but if that's not your type of thing just skip it. I'll put another warning directly before it starts so you know when to skip. //

October 1st, 2017.

The boys were in Las Vegas. They were taking a trip there to meet with a couple music industry professionals and just get a vacation.

Right now, they were in vacation mode. The Blue Man Group was performing at the Luxor Hotel, and the boys were having the best time watching them. They were true performers, straight down to the art. It was pretty inspiring, to the point where Zach even suggested making a music video while covered in body paint.

Intermission came up, and the boys rose from their seats. Zach and Jack went over to the restrooms. Jonah, Corbyn and Daniel went over to the lobby to stretch their legs before the second half of the show started.

Corbyn turned his phone back on, checking to see if anything interesting had happened on social media.

He frowned as he saw the notification.

12 unread messages from Future Ms. Besson
2 missed calls from Future Ms. Besson

He looked through his texts with Christina, concerned.

8:43 PM
hey are you there?
no?
that's great too, i love talking to myself
hope everything is going well in vegas
please text me back when you get a chance ❤

9:24 PM
hello my bean
are you here? we have to talk abt something

9:36 PM
Corbyn I'm serious, I have to talk to you
ASAP
Pls text me back
Or call me I'm not picky

9:48 PM
???

Corbyn frowned, worried. "I'm going to call Christina. I'll be back." he said to Jonah and Daniel as he walked out of the theater lobby. It was packed with showgoers and he knew he wouldn't be able to hear a thing if he called inside.

Surprisingly, the rest of the hotel was loud as well. Aside from the music they were playing in hotel, the hotel was also pretty crowded. There were a lot of guests at the hotel, there to attend the Route 91 Harvest Festival at the Mandalay Bay hotel next door.

He stepped outside the hotel to take the call hoping it would be quieter. There was some sort of country music blaring from across the street, but the crowd was fairly quiet and just enjoying the music. Corbyn pulled out his phone to dial Christian's contact when--

The sound echoed across the Vegas strip, and Corbyn's head snapped up in shock. What had just happened? It almost sounded like--

Another noise. And another.

Shouts started coming from the other side of the street, and Corbyn looked more closely to see that people were running from the festival. The popping sounds continued.

Not sounds.

Gunshots.

Corbyn's first instinct was to hide behind the wall of the hotel.

And then he heard the screams.

The high-pitched voices cut through the sounds of the blaring gunshots. Corbyn's pounding heart sunk as he realized what was happening.