Episode 7

Bad Boys

Sam: You were here for two months and Dad couldn't find you?

Dean: Oh, no. He found me. He found me quick. But he left me here 'cause I lost our money.

Sam: You were 16. You made a mistake.

Dean: Yeah. I made the mistake. Look, I know how you think. None of this was Dad's fault.

Sonny: Deputy do that? What, your old man? Well, then, how'd you get it?

Young Dean: Werewolf.

Sonny: Okay.

Dean: Hey, kid, what are you doing in here by yourself?

Timmy: Fighting monsters.

Dean: What kind of monsters?

Timmy: All sorts, with Bruce the Monster Smasher.

Dean: Hm. Is that a cape? Little impractical for smashing monsters, huh? You know, you could choke-

Dean: That means our little field trip to the cemetery was a bust. Sonny, is there anything else weird you can remember?

Sonny: What, 'cause we're not chest-deep in weird already, boys?

Young Dean: I want to be a rock star, but... I also really like cars.

Young Robin: Being a mechanic seems rough.

Young Dean: What? No, no. Not at all. Cars are freaking cool as hell. Fixing them is like a puzzle, and the best part is when you're done, they leave, and you're not responsible for them anymore.

Dean: Well, as you can see, I did not run off to become a rock star.

Robin: Mm... I don't know about that. You look pretty rockin' to me, Dean Winchester.

Dean: I guess we didn't know everything we thought we did at 16.

Sam: You just got lucky? Kind of like you did with this place. I mean, here I was thinking this was the worst part of your life, and it turns out it was the best. Why'd you ever leave?

Dean: Never felt right.

Sam: Really?

Dean: It was two months, Sam, okay? And I couldn't wait to get out of here. I don't know what to tell you. It wasn't me.

Sonny: Oh, look at you. You clean up good!

Young Dean: Thank you. You know, uh... I've never actually been to one of these school dances before.

Sonny: Yeah. Look, about that, Dean, your old man's outside... and, man, he's really something. I tried to tell him what a big night it was for you, Dean, and ask him if he could come back later, but he just said to tell you he had a job, said you'd know what that means... You know, after I got out of jail, this place gave me a second chance, and it's done the same for you, too... So if you want, I'll stick my neck out for you, and I'll fight for you to stay.

Young Dean: Sonny... Thank you, for everything. But I have to go.

Sam: Dean, thank you, for always being there. For always having my back. I know it hasn't always been easy.

Dean: I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Dean: Let's try that again. If you're gonna be a man, you got to learn how to shake like one, okay? So give me your best kung fu grip. Good. Now look me straight in the eye. Let me know that you mean business. Shake as hard as you can. That's it. You shake like that, you'll be all right. Hey, Timmy, did you know Jack who worked here?