Episode 12

Sharp Teeth

Garth: Aah! Aah! Aah! Dean? Sam? What is this? A hospital? Wait. Am I in Heaven?

Dean: All right, take it easy, Garth. You're in Wisconsin.  

Dean: ...so Garth's a hunter. If he wants to stay gone, he's gone.

Sam: We got nothing?

Dean: Well, what can I say, Sammy? We lost this one. Send me a postcard.  

Garth: All right. We've all gotten off on the wrong foot here. So let's do things right. Boys... this is Bess... my beloved. And, Bess, that's Dean. Now, he could start a fight in an empty house, but deep down inside, he's just a big ol' Teddy bear. And Sam here- Sam can be a bit insecure at times, but for good reason. Bless his heart.  

Garth: Yeah, because you two came busting in here like a house on fire. Guns waving, the jawlines and the hair, it's very intimidating! What'd you expect? Dean, no one wants any trouble. You got my word on that.  

Dean: Don't you guys say some sort of a grace or something?

Reverend Jim: We're more spiritual than we are religious. We believe, much like the American Indians did, that nature and man are one.

Dean: Yeah, really worked out well for them.  

Garth: Look, amigo... I know this is all looks nuts, but I found it. Love and a family? Who cares where that comes from?  

Sam: Look, I'm just saying, this wouldn't be the first time we came across a friendly monster. Or a-a family of friendly monsters, whatever this is.  

Dean: Well, Ragnarök is not just a Bible story to these nut jobs. It's an action plan- human extinction, total and complete werewolf domination.

Sam: And... what? This is the- the ground-zero for their movement?

Dean: Freakin' Wisconsin, man. Well, time for Reverend Jim to go down.  

Garth: Um...I know this may sound a little crazy, but... Maybe I could come back and hunt with you. I mean, with my werewolf mojo, we'd have an advantage.

Dean: Yeah, look, Garth-

Garth: No, Dean. I want to make this right. I never should've left you guys, especially Kevin. Kevin was my friend. Friends don't do that.

Dean: Well, hey, you said it- you know, who cares where happiness comes from? Look, we're all a little weird, we're all a little wacky, some more than others, but...if it works, it works. You got something here. Okay? Even though they are werewolves. Or lycanthropes, whatever. Don't let that go. Okay? You'll never forgive yourself. Besides, somebody's got to live to tell this damn story someday, and who better than you? Now shut up and come here.

Garth: Really?

Dean: Hurry up before I change my mind.  

Dean: Listen, that night that, uh... you know, we went our separate ways-

Sam: You mean the night you split?

Dean: Fair enough. I was messed up, man. Kevin was dead, and I...I don't know what I was.

Sam: Okay.

Dean: Hell, maybe I still don't. But uh, I know I took a piece of you in the process, and for that... somebody changed the playbook, man, you know? It's like what's right is wrong and what's wrong is more wrong... I just know that when... when we rode together...

Sam: We split the crappiness.

Dean: Yeah... so...

Sam: Okay.

Dean: Okay.

Sam: But something's broken here, Dean...

Dean: I am not saying it's not. I'm thinking we need to put a couple of "W"s on the board and we get past all this.

Sam: I don't think so. No, I wish but... we don't see things the same way anymore, our roles in this whole thing. Back in that church, talking me out of boarding up Hell? Or tricking me into letting Gadreel possess me? I can't trust you. Not the way I thought I could. Not the way I should be able to.

Dean: Okay, look. Whatever happened, we are family. OK?

Sam: You say that like it's some sort of cure-all, like it can change the fact that everything that has ever gone wrong between us has been because we're family.

Dean: So what, we're not family now?

Sam: I'm saying, you want to work, let's work. If you want to be brothers... those are my terms.