Chapter 11

Jin POV

Jin's house

As I was checking my phone over breakfast this morning, I was not surprised to find my company's name in the headlines. However, I was surprised about the reason why we were in the news.

Grammy nominated rapper Kim Namjoon CONFIRMED to be dating 'Hoseok' fashion model Kyra

Hm. I'm not saying I'm the best matchmaker, but that's exactly what I'm saying. Oh you, Kim Seokjin you- sparking romances, making money, improving the lives of other people. And all while still being the most handsome man in the world. You sir, are really something else. *sigh* I started skimming the article.

Ever since his grammy nomination last year, all eyes have been on South Korean rapper Kim Namjoon. Originally from Ilsan, South Korea... blah blah blah.... Spotted kissing on the Han River... My man!!...... American actress Kyra.. blah blah blah... CEO Kim Seokjin- ah there we go- formerly known for his handsome looks, coined the name "Mr. Worldwide Handsome" FORMERLY KNOWN? Excuse me?? FORMERLY? As in past tense??? OHhh nonononononono. Nononono. NO. 

"ONGOO-AAH!!! GET THE PUBLICIST!"

Jimin POV 

-

"Jiminie aegi, I hope you have a great day at school! Come here so I can kiss you!"

"Eoommmaaaaaaaaa, stop calling me thaaat! I'm 18 years old, I'm not a baby anymoore! We've been over this.. Every single morning!"

"Well, your eomma doesn't care baby, come here. MWAAH! Your lunch, here I packed extra. You tell your dance professors that your eomma wants you to eat more, not less! I can't have my baby losing weight with all of this exercise!"

"Okay okay, eomma I will finish my lunch this time... bye eomma, bye appa!"

"We are so proud of you and your dancing. Promise me you'll use your dance to be a light for all to see? Promise?"

I held out my small pinky and entwined it with my mother's. I hugged my dad.

"We love you!" they said in unison as I walked into my performing arts school, not looking back.

-

'But that was the last thing I heard them say. I never even said it back. Who would have known they would be involved in a 6 car vehicle highway accident on the way home? They were killed instantly............ At least I know it didn't hurt. I- I wish I- I wanted to-' My breathing started getting rough.

'I never saw them again. They said the bodies were so mangled that it would be worse if I saw the bodies. I just- I- How could this even HAPPEN? I JUST WANTED TO SEE THEM ONE LAST TIME. JUST ONCE!!! AND THEY WOULDN'T LET ME! THEY WOULDN'T EVEN LET ME HUG THEM GOODBYE.'

"Jimin-ah, Jimin-ah!! Hey hey, it's okay. It's okay sh shhh sh." Tae interrupted me as the angry tears streamed down my face, holding me so I would calm down. I was shaking, and my nose was running. This is exactly why I didn't want to talk about it anymore. I already suppressed the memories.

After a couple of minutes, I continued, 'From then on, I hit a downward spiral and went into the darkest moments of my life. I got involved with bad people, drugs believe it or not, and I stopped going to school. They took my scholarship away. Now I didn't even have a dorm to stay in. It was all my fault.' I sobbed into his shoulder.

'I was really lost, and I had to find a place for myself in this world. I just kept remembering what my eomma said: to be a light. I think this phrase opened my eyes to see who I should become. I started doing what I loved again which was dancing. And here I am, I guess. I just never want to go back to that dark place again. Never again.' I squeezed my arms tighter around Tae.

"Shhhh sh sh, you're okay. It's okay." he tried to soothe me, "Jimin-ah, you ARE a light. For me, for everyone you come across. Please Jiminie know that you are such an inspiration and you never fail to light up the world. I know your mother would be so proud of who you have become."

A/N DOUBLE UPDATE SURPRISE!!! Hey guys, just wanted to wrap up this portion of the timeline. The next couple of chapters will be a couple of weeks into the future, just before the Worldwide Gala! I'm looking forward to writing the next couple of chapters!! Also.. did you guys get my Promise reference:))) I'm trying to lay song title easter eggs throughout the work, how many did you find? Follow me on insta @/ mybtsphotobank <3<3<3