Chapter 13

*short chapter*

Kyra POV

"Kyra..... Kyra wake up sweetheart. Kyra. I want to show you something." I slowly came to consciousness as I started noticing things around me, my body still too groggy to move. I felt Namjoon sitting on the bed next to me even though my eyes were still closed because of how the bed dipped down at the edge at Namjoon's exact weight. His warm hand was on my shoulder. He started lovingly playing with my hair. Suddenly, everything felt good. It felt right.

"Kyra, please I have something to show you." He was barely whispering.

Then I remembered everything. Namjoon leaving my apartment last night, cancelling our pre Valentine's Day date, my horrible call with Antoine before I bitterly cried myself to sleep. I was mad at him. He had A LOT of explaining to do. All of these awful memories of just last night came flooding back.

"DON'T touch me." I slapped his hand away from my hair. Oh, I was awake now. "Where were you REALLY last night, Namjoon?? You left your bag here and I tried calling you SO MANY times but you didn't pick up!!! I was so worried! Do you even REALIZE how worried I was?? I tried to contact Hoseok but Antoine picked up and-"

"Kyra please, I think it's better if I just show you rather than explaining."

"Look, I'm not playing around! NAMJOON. I swear if there's anything you want to tell me before I-"

"Shh. Babe, you're going to wake up the neighbors. It's midnight. Please, just give me a chance to show you. Please just trust me."

It took everything in me to filter what I wanted to say to him. But the part of me that loved Namjoon urged me to trust him and see what he wanted to show me no matter how angry I was with him. Reluctantly, I got out of bed and threw on a hoodie.

"I know I don't deserve your trust right now, but thank you for listening. Follow me.. please." he said as he held out his hand. I didn't take it.

"Where are we going?" I said blankly.

"To the roof." He replied with knowing smile.

The walk there was silent. I was still mad. But also extremely curious about what was on the roof..? We arrived at the top stair step when he stopped and turned around to say something.

"My dearest Kyra. You have every right to mad at me right now. I did a terrible thing by cancelling our pre Valentine's Day date that we were planning and by outright lying to you last night about where I was. I just wanted this surprise to be worthy of being a surprise for you. You deserve the world, my dear." and with that, he opened the door to the roof in one sweeping motion.

The first thing I heard was the romantic violin vinyl playing in the background and the glowing of twinkle lights shining through the door frame. Namjoon held the door open for me and signaled with his right arm to walk through. He really-

On the roof was the epitome of intimacy and romance. In one of the big nooks of the roof, he had several blankets and an assortment of throw pillows bundled together. Next to it was a small table with his record player on it, spinning so elegantly. He had put up rods to hold up the twinkle lights which were blowing softly in the subtle wind, the stars illuminating the dark blue night sky. The full moon over head was nothing short of majestic. I brought my hands to my mouth as I felt tears start to well up in the inner corners of my eyes. The emotions I was feeling was overwhelming.

He took my hands into his, his warm large hands engulfing my small cold ones.

"I really wanted this to be a surprise. I know we had planned our date yesterday because of my flight today, but I didn't want a day-before, half-assed date where we'd just get paparazzi photographing us and others asking for autographs every minute. I wanted a real date on Valentine's. One where it would just be you and me. Just us. I just wanted to spend the first waking moments of Valentine's with mine. I love you, Kyra. So much. I wish I could be better for you. I didn't mean to hurt you by lying about where I was. It turned out.. haha.. the rods were a little hard to set up and-"

I stopped him mid-sentence with my lips on his.

"I love you with all of my heart, Kim Namjoon."

We spent the rest of the night under the stars in each other's arms, my head snuggled into his neck. The warmth of each other and the blankets contrasting the cool nighttime breeze.

A/N: Happy (belated) Valentine's Day, lovelies!!! Remember you don't need a S.O. to be happy or to feel love! Our boys spent the past 2 years telling us to love ourselves and that means being happy with who we are, plus or minus a S.O.! Diane von Furstenberg said that we are always with ourselves so might as well love who we are:) Here's a cutesy read for you all, hope you enjoy! The actual plot will resume in the next chapter hehe.. follow me on insta @/ mybtsphotobank <3