Chapter 3

Tae POV

"This is Tae. He's shy. But he paints REALLY well, show him Tae come on." Jimin introduced me to the other portrait artists at Montmartre. I don't know I kinda liked it here. All of these street artists, not just visual arts but dancers, musicians, magicians, and the occasional con artist. It just felt like my art belonged here. I showed them my most recent watercolors and sketches from my notebook. One of the older artists started flipping through the book's pages.

"Ahh. Good. You got yourself quite a talent there Monsieur Tae." he said with his slight French accent while flipping through the pages of my book. He stopped at my portrait of Yoongi and stared at it for a good two minutes which made me feel extremely self-conscious. Abruptly he said, "How would you like to be one of ze portrait artists at my stand? I'm in need of some fresh talent-eh to keep customers coming. What do you say?" My eyes widened- me?

Kyra POV

It was my big day. The day I would finally get the exposure I longed for for so long. I was going to wow them all and bring honor to my family. I am ready for the world to see me. My dreams were about to come true.

-

I looked at myself in the mirror backstage. There were crystals EVERYWHERE. The airplane costume was... a lot to take in. I guess I just don't have a lot of experience in the high fashion world but this dress was definitely a statement. It was a knee length dress covered in mostly red crystals. The skirt part flared out but not in a flowy way as the skirt was covered in blue, purple, green, and white crystals that made it stiff. The corset top was sleeveless but the top almost covered my neck and the crystals made it really hard to move. My 3 foot tall headpiece didn't make balancing any easier. Geez- how much Swarovski was on this thing? I couldn't really breathe because the waist was pulled so tightly around me but I had to give my best face and best walk. At least this sparkly red eyeshadow that covered most of my face could hide my blush.

"THIRTY SECONDS HONEYS UNTIL RUNWAY! Ladies, I am so very, extremely, most amazingly proud of you all sweet sunshines. Let's SHINE and SPARKLE on the runway and show Paris what we've got mkay? Mkay. Thanks sunshines I love you ALL." Jung Hoseok was definitely an entertaining character. "Oh ALSO before I forget lovelies, just wanted to let you know that THE Kim Seokjin from Worldwide Talent Agency is CONFIRMED to be in the audience hmm," he gave a fake looking smile. "You know what that means. Wink wiiiink! Let's slay ladies! ANTOINE I NEED MY MIC!"

A layer of fear crept over me, and for the first time I felt more fear over excitement. THE Kim Seokjin was going to be in the audience scouting out new talent for his agency?? I could only fantasize about being signed to Worldwide. Only the biggest stars are represented by Worldwide, each handpicked by the CEO Kim Seokjin himself. My own mom even had a celebrity crush on him ever since I can remember. What if I mess up? What if I don't have the look he's looking for? But what if he notices me?

Tae POV

I don't really remember what the head artist's name was but he was really nice to me. A little french man. I'll just call him french man. Well, french man took me away from Jimin- surprisingly the first time being separated from him since he took me in- and led me to his art stand. It had a large, green umbrella shading the whole booth, and there were four easels next to the long tables exhibiting presumably french man's art. Wow, his art was beautiful. French man was a master of abstract portraits. Each of his oil paintings showed the most creative mix of colors while the subject was just recognizable enough. This was real art. "This is your easel." french man gestured toward the easel farthest to the left. "You put your own art on zis wall behind you and if customer choose you, you make zem." By 'make zem', I am assuming I will paint them. Eh, easy enough.

Kyra POV

The lights' flashes were reflected on the red "Hope World" background as I watched the model before me step out onto the runway. When she comes back, I walk out next. I was the last one in line because the 'Airplane Costume' was apparently the big finale piece. Besides being scared out of my mind, my red 5-inch Jung Hoseok heels were really digging into my big toes to the point that it really hurt. "Ahh!" I mumbled as I tried to wiggle my toes a little. They went numb. This has never happened before.

Tae POV

My first customer was a heavier set woman who looked like she was in her forties. She was beautiful, I guess, just maybe not in your conventional way. She sat in front of me on the stool, the easel faced towards me. I stared at her for a while trying to get the right proportions of her nose to her mouth, her chin to her neck etc. I really did my best, and it didn't turn out that bad surprisingly. French man had just finished his last portrait and walked behind me to see my work. "You're going to love et madame. I have never seen anything like zis before!" I flashed my boxy smile.

Kyra POV

It's time. I told myself as I stepped foot on the runway. I had walked many runways before but none like this. The lights were blinding, and I could barely see. I posed and started doing my walk. I look to my right and see Jung Hoseok blowing me kisses shouting "RAAA that's my KyRAAA! Sunshine, you're rocking it!", so I blew a kiss back in the most model like way I could think of, still being very aware that I was on the runway. I heard reporters everywhere shouting indistinctly in French, English, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean- Korean? It must be Kim Seokjin. And that's when I forgot to ignore my numbed toes and I lost my balance. The next thing I knew, my ass was on the ground.

A/N DOUBLE UPDATE SURPRISE!! Sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger;) follow me on insta @/ mybtsphotobank