24. | i don't have time for this

JOHNNY ORLANDO sighed, running a hand across his face. he crossed the options 'yeet self off cliff' and 'choke on square oranges' out with a red pen. of course, he was just procrastinating writing down the obvious answer, 'tell her you're moving'.

he nibbled on the tip of his pen, lost in thought.

then, he felt a surge of anger course through him. it wasn't fair that he was about to be ripped from his life in la. he had friends, and rebuilt a new relationship with his ex girlfriend, who now was his girlfriend. life was going great, until now.

"fuck you, dad," johnny muttered furiously. he crumpled the piece of paper in his hand, yeeting it across the room. it softly hit against his window.

"i don't have time for this."

• • •

three days later..

"mack!" johnny exclaimed, throwing his arms around mackenzie tightly. "i'm so glad you came!"

"uhh, what?" mackenzie smiled, if not a little bewildered. "i didn't know you could be this excited to see me. do.. do you need to tell me something? what's wrong?"

"nothing, am i not allowed to be happy to see my girlfriend?" he leaned over and pressed his lips against mackenzie's cheek.

"no.."

"exactly. c'mon, let's go for ice cream,"

mackenzie's brows furrowed in confusion but nonetheless she agreed. "sure, just let me grab my jacket and my phone first." the brunette jogged into the living room and threw on a black jacket, unwrapping a lollipop and sucking on it because why not?

johnny rolled his eyes. "whatever, i'm craving ice cream and you can go and continue to suck that lollipop."

"would you rather me sucking something else?" mackenzie questioned, left eyebrow arched, "like, i don't know, maybe your-"

"yes i would, actually," johnny replied, a light dusting of red appearing on his cheeks. "your lips would look nice wrapped around my-"

"JOHNNY-!"

• • •

"you're what?!" mackenzie repeated, her eyes going wide. her mint ice cream dripped onto her fingers, but she hardly noticed. she was too focused on johnny. they were both sat on a bench in a park, johnny just spilling the tea.

"i'm moving." he whispered again, his jaw clenching tightly. it was already hard enough. but seeing mackenzie shattered, it felt like mackenzie's fragments were stabbing into him.

"no you aren't. we were supposed to have kids, grow old together! adopt a dog! fucking spend the rest of our lives together! and now you're telling me, you're moving to the uk?!"

"i'm sorry."

"fuck!" mackenzie cursed. "FUCK!" she yelled, causing a young child around three years old to repeat the word.

"mommy, what does fuck mean?" the child asked innocently. the child's mother glared at mackenzie harshly. she cringed outwardly.

mackenzie's eyes welled up with tears. "when?"

"in two days."

"no."

"i'm so sorry this isn't easy for me either and i love you so fucking much but my parents and when i'm older i'll move back here i promise i'll wait for you i don't know if i can take anyone else-"

"i'm going to a charity event and i won't be back until tuesday."

johnny felt his own tears beginning to trickle out. "and.. i don't suppose you can postpone the trip?"

"i'm sorry." mackenzie closed her eyes and buried her face into his neck. "i hate this so much."

"so i guess this is our last day together huh? until the future?"

"until the future. i'll wait for you. i just don't think long distance would work,"

"i completely agree. but i hate it so much, goddammit,"

"i hate it too."

then their lips crashed together, telling a story of love, tears, pain, heartbreak, but mostly, anger. a heartaching story- but nevertheless, a great one.

• • •

a u t h o r ' s n o t e

hehehe

the book is ending soon yay