Chapter 11

(Queenie P.O.V)

Queenie sat at the kitchen table staring at the note Newt had left her. She couldn't hold back the hope bubbling up inside her at the thought that Tina might just come home. Although, she was a little mad at the fact Newt left without talking to her and instead left a note. Just a note! But she obeyed his demands, to stay here and wait anxiously for him to return with hopefully, Tina. Just then she heard the familiar sound of apparation, and she looked up from where she was and saw a pale Newt and a smiling Tina.

"Teenie!" Queenie got up from her chair and ran towards her sister, tackling her with a hug.

"Thank God you're okay!" She could hear both of their thoughts racing in their heads, just crazy enough that she just couldn't make out what they were thinking. Their minds were a big cell of racket. Queenie pulled away to look at her sister, and asked concerned, "Are you hurt? Anything? Oh, I was just so worried about you! You should've seen Newt, he was so worried too he couldn't stop thinking about you he wouldn't sleep!" Newt blushed as Queenie said this in her rambling, and she sensed his annoyed thought, Please stop reading my mind Queenie. Queenie moved to look at Newt, ignoring his thought. "And you mister! You left without talking to me first and instead left a note for me to ponder about and leave a bunch of worries to accompany me until you returned? What if you didn't return!?" Newt flinched and Queenie sighed. She heard the faint whisper of Tina's thoughts in her head as she thought, Queenie, please go easy on him, after all, he did save my life twice... She quickly glanced at Tina and saw the mixed emotions spread on her face like a magazine for Queenie to read. She turned her attention back to Newt and said, "Alright. I'll let you off the hook this time. But only because you saved my sister!" She said half-joking, half-serious.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go to bed..." Newt said in a rush as he quickly walked in the direction of his room. Queenie got glimpses of his thoughts as he whisked out of sight... Need to make a plan... can't let him get away with it... at least she's safe now... and it mainly only gave more questions instead of answers.

"What's wrong with him?" Queenie asked turning back to Tina who looked saddened. "Never mind that, why don't you sit down and I'll get you somethin' to drink and eat, then you can tell me a little of what happened." Tina nodded as she walked over to the couch and sat down, putting her feet next to her as she waited.

Queenie walked over to the kitchen counter and started to prepare a fresh cup of coffee when she suddenly heard Tina say,
"Tea." Queenie turned around and stared at her in confusion and said, 

"Sorry, what?"

"Could I have tea this time? Please?"

"Um, yeah, sure." Queenie turned back around confused with the sudden change in Tina's choice of drink, for she knew that Tina was a coffee lover, and definitely not a tea drinker. Queenie magically boiled water in a mug, but then it suddenly occurred to her that they probably don't have tea, neither Tina nor Queenie ever drank it. Queenie turned back around once again and told Tina,

"Um Teenie, I don't think we have tea, neither of us drin-"

"Yes we do, it's in the cupboard above the sink." Tina interrupted, a faint pink blush on her face. Queenie opened the cupboard above the sink and sure enough, there was a green box labeled, Earl Gray Tea. She grabbed the box and set it on the counter, the shiny bright green material in the pattern of leaves reflecting off light, causing specks of green light to shimmer like they were dancing on the walls and ceiling. Queenie removed the box's top and set it aside, grabbed one of the tea bags and set it into the mug of hot water.

"Since when did you start drinking tea? I didn't think you liked it." Queenie asked, curious to hear her answer.

"Uh, just a few weeks ago I started drinking it..." Queenie couldn't help but overhear Tina's thoughts that screamed her answer was a lie...