Chapter 24

(Tina P.O.V.)

Newt, Tina, Jacob, Queenie, and Credence walked to the docks together, savoring the precious time they had before everyone left. They walked in content silence, dreading the moment they all had to say goodbye. Tina walked with Newt, while Queenie, Jacob, and Credence walked in front of them. Tina smiled to herself, enjoying the feeling of Newt's hand in hers. She was surprised, however, for he had many calluses on his hands yet they were surprisingly smooth.

They continued their walk, a slight breeze coming through once in a while. Tina took in the last of London she would see, the beautiful buildings and the plain sidewalks, and immediately wished she could have stayed longer. They had only stayed for 4 days. She would have to come back for an actual visit instead of something for a mission. 

They began to approach the docks, and Tina could feel a wave of deep sadness run through her entire body, and she shivered at the cold February air. They had purchased their tickets yesterday, and the time that their boat would leave was in five minutes. Five minutes. Only five minutes to say goodbye. Tina thought. The five of them had stopped walking now, standing in front of their boat, none of them sure how to start saying farewell. Queenie, Jacob, Credence, and Tina stood facing Newt, praying the perfect words would come to their mouths. Jacob started his goodbye first.

"I'm really gonna miss you, buddy." He stepped forward and gave Newt a bone-crushing hug, which Newt awkwardly but gladly returned. Jacob stepped back, continuing to say, "I'm hoping it will be soon that we all can see ya again."

"Me too, Jacob." He smiled, and Tina could now see the tears in Newt's eyes, soon feeling her own tears welling up. Queenie said goodbye to Newt after, gently hugging him and giving him a meaningful look. She walked back over to Jacob, looping her arm with his, and said,

"Come on, we'll give them some space." The three walked to the boat, climbing up the ramp and entering it.

Tina took a step towards Newt and hugged him tightly, burying her face into his chest. Her tears were flowing freely now, even though she was trying so hard to keep them in. 

"I'm going to miss you. I'm really, really going to miss you." She said, her voice muffled by his shirt. She felt him place a kiss on her head, and she wanted nothing more but to stay here in his arms forever. 

She drew back to look at him but kept her arms around him.

"I'm going to miss you too, Tina. I will think of you every day, all day. I promise to send letters to you as much as possible." She pressed a kiss to his lips, pulling back when she heard the horn that signaled the boats depart. "I love you Newt." She said.

"I love you too." Newt said, placing one last kiss on her lips. She pulled away from him, grabbing her suitcase and heading for the boat's ramp. She wiped her tears away as she stepped onto it, only glancing back once to see the figure of the man she loved...

...for one last time.

END OF BOOK 1, THE RETURN OF NEWT SCAMANDER

Continued in....

BOOK 2, REACHING FOR YOU

(Keep an eye out for the first chapter release of this sequel!)

A/N

I WANT TO CRY. THIS IS THE END OF THIS FANFICTION AND ITS SUPER SAD FOR ME BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I WORKED SO LONG AND HARD ON IT AND NOW IT'S OVER. 
CRY WITH ME PLEASE.
But the nice thing is that there is going to be a sequel I can work on now, which I'm very excited to work on. I just need a new notebook to write in and everything is all set! I already have a description and a title for it, I just need to finish a cover. It is called Reaching For You, as you can see above. So keep an eye out for the first update because I have no clue when I will publish the first one. 

Hope you enjoyed this fanfic! Please comment or message me and tell me ANY feedback you have that could help me become a better writer. Thank you all for reading this. I say my goodbyes to everyone until the next book. Goodbye!!

Published:
May 10th, 2019