Chapter 12

Sal's POV

It was the next day, Larry slept next to me and now he's practically latched onto my hip. I smile to myself as he rubs his thumb in circles on my hand, I leaned my head against his shoulder. He was in a good mood today, I'm glad I told him...

When we got to the school he gave me a peck on the forehead and let go of my hand, we haven't told our friends yet. Not that Todd or Neil would mind, it's just that Ashley would tell everyone and if we excluded her, she'd get butthurt about it.

He flashed his big gap toothed smile at me, god he's adorable...

We walked into the school together, chatting about plans after school. Ash spotted us and waved us over, "okay! So guys, remember today after school we're going into the forest."

We all nodded, it was all set up, all of our equipment, Todd was working on something we sadly couldn't use today, but we will next time. We all laughed and chuckled while we were waiting for the bell. I felt chills, I shivered and rubbed my arm.

I looked around, but there was nothing. The girl, Larry hung out with yesterday, walked up to our group and hugged Larry's side. He gave her a smile "heya Denise"

"Hiya Lar, I just came to say hi and good morning" she put two fingers to her lips and then, to Larry's cheek. He looked confused, but she just giggled and walked away.

Larry looked at me and I looked away, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him, my face flushed as he moved his hand down around my waist. Neil raised an eyebrow at Larry and nodded towards his hand, but all Larry did in return was smirk.
————

We sat in class, I had English with Todd and Larry. I got chills, shivering. I felt the constriction again, this time around my chest, I looked down. There was a snake's body slinking around my torso, it kept getting tighter, he could be happy with her.

I looked at my friends helplessly, but they didn't seem to see it. I felt pops and cracks as it got tighter. I frowned and tried to focus on breathing. But, it was hard...I looked up to see Todd eyeing me suspiciously, I gave him a smile.

Fuck, he can't even see it, I looked back down, it was gone. I took a deep breath and sighed. Great, now he knows somethings up.
————
Larry's POV

Denise confessed to me, god maybe I am clueless. She had pulled me aside before I got to class, obviously I had to tell her no. She seemed angry, but not at me.

It was a weird and awkward conversation to have with someone. Though there was no way around it anyway. It made me sad, she was a fun person to be around, I was hoping she might be a good friend . I think her and Sal would've been close.

I left her in tears, she wouldn't accept any comforting I had to offer, so it'd be useless for me to just stand there. I sighed, as Todd's monotone voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Larry? I think somethings up with Sal"

I nodded, "probably", he hadn't told me anything, I'll have to get him to talk to me later. He was sleeping over anyway. Todd's face was littered with worry, I smiled at him and he nodded slightly, turning his attention to his work.

big, time skip—

We stood at the edge of the forest, this was it, the moment we planned for. Sal had his gear boy and his walkie talkie clipped onto his back pocket. I held mine, examining it, turning it over in my hand. Todd's eyebrows were furrowed and Neil looked nervous. Everyone was on edge, but we were waiting for Ash.

Denise's POV

Tears streamed down my face, I stared at the red eyes in the dark corner of my room. So? Have you thought about my offer? The voice hissed, I frowned, I have no other choice.

"I accept..."

Marvelous.

Get ready, it's a bumpy ride from here.