Chapter 13 1/2

Sal's POV

Ashley finally caught up to us, I frowned "You're the one who decided it'd be today!"

"Shut the fuck up! I don't live right next to the woods like you guys do, cut me some slack!" She snapped at me. We were all on edge today, we didn't know why, we've never been this anxious to go into the forest before.

We were all silent when we were walking. I was jumpy, so when Larry grabbed my shoulder of course I freaked. "Jesus, Sal are you okay?"

I nodded and let out a relieved sigh. Larry's here, there's nothing to be afraid of...

And that's when it happened.

Darkness engulfed me, my friends were gone and I couldn't see anything, "Larry?? Ash? Todd..? Neil..."
I felt chills and my throat tighten, the darkness lifted and I was in a different part of the forest.

I start to walk around, I haven't been in this part before...we usually put different markers to make sure we don't wander around the same area more than we have to.

I start to hyperventilate, "L-LARRY?? PLEASE!!" My voice cracks and I sink down onto the ground, "please..."

"Hello Sally." There's a voice and I shoot my head up. It was...Denise? "What the fuck..?"

She smiled, but it seemed...unnatural? Is that the right word? Maybe. Her eyes were tinted red, her brown locks were untamed.

"I'm sorry Sal. I wish we could've been friends." Her voice became two voices, leaving an echo. Her eerie smile turned into a snarl, her face became distorted.

I became dizzy, not being able to see around me or focus my eyes.

"Ah!" There was a sharp pain in the right side of my chest, I coughed and fell to the ground. I coughed more and wiped my mouth observing the blood the spewed out, Denise was gone. I looked down to my chest, there was a sharp blade sticking out of the front of my torso.

I frowned, I've survived so many things, I've cheated death and this is what gets me? I laughed dryly and coughed violently. I smiled slightly and grabbed onto the tree bark next to me to help me up.

I struggled to get up, but I managed, leaning my weight against the tree. Not today.

I just got Larry...he needs me...Gizmo needs me.

I wince and start to stumble my way through the woods, I get nowhere when I remember the walkie talkie, I unhooked it from my pants and tried it...nothing.

I switched the channel, "Fuuuuccckkk meeee..." I heaved out as I finally got the right Channel,

I pressed the button, "Larry...help...please..."

"SAL? SAL, WHERE ARE YOU? YOU WERE HERE FOR A SECOND AND THEN YOU JUST DISAPPEARED."

"L-Larry I'm hurt...pleas—"

"WHAT? ARE YOU OKAY?"

"IM IN ONE OF THE UN-" I coughed violently into my hand examining the crimson liquid. "One of th-the...unexplored areas...please...hurry."