The Night Before

*PERSONAL*

“Alllllllie please get over here.”  Mark begs from the bed.  He lies shrtless in bed under the covers.

“Isn’t it bad luck for you to see me the night before the wedding?”  I ask Mark as I slip on one of his shirts to sleep in.  He shakes his head and holds out his arms towards me.

“Come lay with me.”  My tired fiancé says. His perfectly pouty face is extremely persuasive and I crawl into his arms without another word.  He wraps me in his arms and I lay so we’re facing each other with our noses only inches apart.  Mark takes the blankets and buries us in them.  It’s like we’re in our own little world. 

“Are you sure this isn’t bad luck?”  I ask Mark again.  He uses his thumb to stroke my face. 

“How could this be bad luck? I'm wrapped in the arms of the person I love most in the world, on the eve of the biggest day of my life, how could that be bad luck? As of tomorrow, we get to do this forever.”  Mark says in a sweet voice.  I kiss him.  “What was that for?”

“For being you.”  I tell him.  Even though we’re surrounded my blankets, I can still see his flawless green eyes.  His eyes are my most favorite things in the world.

“Thank you for being you.”  Mark says as he moves his body even closer to mine.  I push piece of curly brown hair out of his face.

“I can’t believe tomorrow is our wedding.”  I think out loud.  A small smile creeps across Mark’s face.

“I’ve been waiting for that day since I met you.”  Mark says.  I playfully roll my eyes at him.  He kisses my forehead softly.

“It’s true.  Somehow I knew the moment we met, that you were the one.  It’s hard to explain.  I just knew instantly that you were someone I wanted in my life forever.”  Mark admits.  I feel myself get teary eyed.  Mark is a tough guy. He’s a snowboarder who’s used to keeping his emotions on the inside, so when he’s all romantic and sweet, I get emotional.  “Are you crying?”

“No…okay yes.  Only a little bit.”  I tell Mark as I try to dry my tears as quickly as possible.  Mark just pulls me tightly into his arms so that my head rests on his chest. 

“Why are you crying?  Are you getting cold feet?”  Mark asks jokingly.  I can feel him smile.

“No, no it’s not that.  I’m just happy.  As of tomorrow I’ll be Allie McMorris and nothing could make me happier.”  I explain to Mark. 

“I can’t wait for you to be my wife.  You’ll get to travel with me more.  We’ll get to live together.  We’ll get to have babies and we can teach them how to snowboard.  I hope our kids will be just like you, Allie.” Mark says into my ear. 

“I want them to be like you.”  I tell Mark.  Mark and I have talked about having kids many times.  We don’t know how many we want, we just know that someday we want to have them.  We want to be married for a while first.

“Where should we live?”  Mark asks in a sleepy voice.  We’re getting married tomorrow, but we still don’t have an official home.  Mark’s snowboarding career keeps him on the go, so it’s difficult finding a home base. 

“We don’t need to decide that right now.  As long as we’re together, I’m happy wherever we live.”  I say to Mark and I mean it. I’m happy whenever I’m with Mark, no matter where we are.  I think Mark thinks the same thing I do as he squeezes me in his embrace.

“I’m really excited for the wedding, like really excited, but I’m even more excited for the honeymoon.”  Mark says.

“Oh my gosh, Mark!”  I say with a laugh as I hit him playfully.  I know exactly what he’s implying here.  He’s looking forward to the two of us being shacked up in some hotel room alone for two weeks.  I can’t blame him though; I’m looking forward to that too.

“Oh come on, Allie!  The two of us ALONE in a hotel room sounds amazing.  I mean, the wedding sounds amazing too, but the honeymoon…” Mark continues.  We both laugh. 

“Okay, okay I see where you’re coming from.”  I tell Mark as I yawn.  I have no idea what time it is, but I know it’s late.

“Are you sleepy, sweetheart?”  Mark asks me as he runs his fingers up and down my back.  I just nod.  “Go to sleep, baby girl.  I love you.”  Mark says quietly as he kisses the top of my head.

“I love you too, Sparky.”  I reply as fall asleep on Mark’s chest.