Chapter eight: getting ready for the night of nights

I was curled up in my four poster bed, under my covers, a few tears were falling down my face.

"Get out of the damn bed, girl, the ball is in three hours!" Alondra playfully screamed, whipping the covers off my bed. I went back to crying into my pillow. I was so sad, ,somebody else liked me that wasn't Zayn. I just want a lean, calm night at the Yule ball, not some drama filled, insane, heart-breaker night. If only guys didn't like me, well, I won't go that far, I wish only one guy liked me. Why is my life so cursed with hot guys! Soon, Alondra literally dragged me out of bed, and I got in the shower. I stayed in there as long as possible, crying, well, actually sobbing. I got out of the shower, and put on my robe, and a towel in my hair. I pained my nails a gold metallic color. Thin tears slowly rolled down m6 face. Then I dried my hair and combed it out. I let it fall past my shoulders in bouncy curls. Then I removed my robe I reached for my dress and slipped it on over my head. I felt the thick flowy material lay on me and flow past my feet. I strutted over to the mirror. Even with no makeup the dress looked majestic. I scurried over to the washroom and took up my makeup bag. I pulled out a silvery, glittery, shiny, metallic, pink lip gloss. Then I dusted my eyelids with gold eye shadow, then a thick layer of black mascara. I reached down to the floor and picked up the gold heels on the ground and strapped them on my feet. I scurried over to the wall mirror. I gasped in delight as I saw someone I didn't recognize. 

*********************************************

I walked into the common room with my girlfriends, I was meeting Zayn in the great hall. I bet he looked hot. I hope he thought I looked pretty. Then I thought about the anonymous note, and cringed, blinking back tears.