Chapter 14: Murder that b*tch

"WATCH MY HEART BURN WITH THE FIRE THAT YOU STARTED IN ME"

Mystic Grill

Klaus lifted his glass of wine, watching the dim light of the bar pass through the dark red liquid. In all honesty, there was nothing here to interest him and he would have loved nothing more than to rejoin his wife back at the mansion-perhaps he could have had a chance to make love to her again tonight-but Kol's guilt trip had dragged him out of the house, so here he was. He glanced at his younger brother. The idiot seemed intent on drinking the whole bar. Kol was eyeing a brunette playing pool a couple feet away, though Klaus could see no appeal to the woman. No, no woman had ever caught his interest like Rea had centuries ago, and even if one did by chance, they were pale, palecomparisons to his wife.

"Isn't that the baby vampire?"

Klaus realized Kol was now staring at the entrance to the Grill, and he followed his brother's gaze. "I had hoped Rea would have ripped her head off at the ball, but that may have been too much to ask for. That's not really her style though, is it? She's like you, just loves tearing people's hearts out. Regardless, she was far too boring at the ball. I need to hang out with her more, spice things up a bit. Don't you agree, Nik?"

Klaus scoffed, but his eyes followed Caroline carefully, who made her way towards the two Originals.

When she was standing in front of them, she frowned and asked, "Can...can I talk to you, Klaus?"

Klaus raised his eyebrows in amusement. He gestured at her. "Certainly. Have at it."

Caroline narrowed her eyes but her shoulders straightened with determination, motioning towards the entrance to the Grill. "Alone."

"Oooh..." Kol smirked behind the glass he had raised to his lips. "Careful, Nik. Rea just might hear about this tomorrow, and you just might lose your family jewels as well!"

Klaus drained and tossed his glass at Kol, who caught it with his free hand. "That would only happen if you lie, as it is your most annoying quality, and in that case, you'll find you'll be missing yours as well."

Kol sniggered but didn't reply.

Klaus gestured in front of him to Caroline. "After you."

They walked in silence until the two were a distance away from the restaurant, upon which Caroline spun around.

"What the hell was that yesterday?"

Klaus merely quirked an eyebrow up in question. "What the hell was what yesterday?"

"How come you never told me you had a wife?" Caroline exclaimed, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world-which, Klaus had to admit, it was. "All those times, all those gifts, were you...trying to cheat on her with me? Because honestly, then you need to clear things up with her. I did not know about her and I don't really like the idea of her coming after me, my friends, or my family out of vengeance!"