Chapter 4: How can you say that?!

I looked out the window from inside Jayy's car as it started raining. He coughed and stared down at his steering wheel. I swear you can taste the awkwardness. Kinda tasted like burnt bacon. Which kinda made me sad. WHO ON EARTH WOULD BURN BACON?! CRUEL PEOPLE I TELL YOU!!! CRUEL PEOPLE!!!

"Hey!" I looked over and saw Jayy staring at me. I must have zoned out again. He sighed.

"Sorry...um...hey this...its getting...kinda weird between us..."

"You dont say?" I replied a bit upset.

He ran his hand through his hair. "Can we just...act like that....that never happened?"

I looked at him and paused a little. "What do you mean?" I asked even though I knew exactly what he ment. I just couldn't believe it.

He looked at the steering wheel and gripped it a bit tighter. "I just... I dont really want people to get... A different idea about me... I know im not making any sense but ... Come on its not like it ment anything anyway..." He blurted out still looking down.

I held my breath a little then felt a lump in my throat. I just stared at him until I suddenly exploded. I clenched my hand into a fist and hit the dashboard.

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!?" My voice cracked a little and I had fury in my eyes.

Jayy turned and stared at me for a moment. He opened his mouth to say something but I raised my hand for him to stop. "You can't just tell me you felt nothing! I know you felt something because I did! You just can't sit there and act like it ment nothing! Act like it just was a mistake!" I put the tips of my fingers on my bottom lip, "It wasn't just a feeling here it was something from he-" Before I could finish my sentence and reach for my heart Jayy has cut me off.

"Dahvie! I just...I just cant ... I just dont like you like that! Theres no way we would ever happen! What did you think was going to happen?" His voice sounded like a roar and a bit annoyed.

I felt tears about to burst through my eyes. "I... then... why did you... I don't-" I opened the car door and jumped out. I started running down the street as fast as I could finally letting myself cry and yell. I felt so confused and angry I didn't know what was happening and it just made me more angry. I was running farther and farther away from Jayy. Trying to drown out him calling my name with my tears and the sound of the rain. My eyes becoming blurred with the mixture of rain and tears.

I ran into the street then screamed while fell onto the ground. Suddenly, everything just turned black.

Jayys POV

I was running after Dahvie after he jumped out the car. I know I was stupid for saying that, I know how hes feeling right now, and i know I ment nothing that i just said. The look in his eyes. The pain in his voice made me want to hug and comfort him. But I cant put him in harms way. This is why i have to let him go. I have to ignore my feelings.

I ran faster even though I lost sight of him a few minutes ago. Then I stopped in my tracks and died a little when i heard a car screech and a painful scream.

I paused and tried to run. Hesitant with the first few steps but then picked up the pace. I ran to the sound and there I saw a few people in a crowd and a car stopped in the street. I ran in the crowd and saw what they were surrounding.

"DAHVIE!!"