Chapter 1: Cherry Scissors

Third person P.O.V

Jack sighed as his eyes ran across page 73 of the book he is currently reading. Kissed by an Angel. His mother always loved the book and she passed away when he was really little, reading it makes him feel like shes still with him in a way, crazy as it sounds.

Jack adjusts himself since he is sitting on a pretty uncomfortable concrete stair and looks to the football field to find himself staring at Finn.

Finn Wolfhard.

The Finn Wolfhard he's always had the biggest crush on to be exact.

Everyone knows Jack is gay. He came out about a couple of months ago and the kid has never regretted a single thing so much in his life- besides not telling anybody about his sexually abusive father, which, he will always keep to himself.

If anyone found out about his dad he'd be taken away from him and he never wants that to happen for certain purposes.

Jack couldn't handle being away from home even if his father makes it hard to deal with. Anyways, Jack has felt even more like a loser since he came out to everyone. He didn't think it was possible to be made fun of or judged so harshly.

Jack is a soft, innocent boy, and he hasnt been exposed to much. He stuffed his hand in his pocket to make sure his epipen that smells of cherry was still in there. His dad swears if it smells good Jack wont be as scared of the needle.

Actually, he knew it was in his pocket, he just needed to feel it to be sure. He has terrible allergies. He doesnt like using it on himself. In fact he hates it, but he never gets much choice having no friends around to help him.

Jack has used it on himself countless times. More than he should ever have to. Jack zones back in and realizes that he has been staring at Finn and his friends for way longer than he should.

Wyatt Oleff, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Jaeden Lieberhier, and Chosen Jacobs.

Finns best friends. Sometimes, Jaeden would talk to Jack, but when be did it was for a short amount of time. Jack crossed his ankles with a low groan of annoyance.

Why can't I have friends? He thought to himself as he flipped the page slowly. When he did so, a light dust came up from the pages and he sneezed.

"Bless you." He heard a voice say softly.

He looked up to see Finn and his friends.

"T-Thanks." Jack said quietly as he marked his page with his thumb and let his book close, covers and pages crushing his small thumb, but Jack didn't mind. Finn didn't really know what to say.

He examined the small, precious boy that sat in front of him. His eyes traveled to Jack's clothing. It was clean as usual.

He looked down at Jack's shoes and frowned. they were pretty worn out. Finn wonders if Jack has enough money to get new shoes. He wears the same ripped up, dirty, old not-so-white anymore converse, every single day

They are dusted with mud streaks and they seem to be falling apart. Maybe he does have the money, maybe he just doesn't bother wasting it? Finns thoughts were interrupted by Jack standing up and running away.

"W-What just happened?" Finn asked as he turned around and watched Jack running towards the school. School isn't in session at the moment, Jack just enjoys going there to read and get away from his father It's wrong to blame him for spending so much time at the football field to read- and stare at Finn.

Mainly stare at Finn if we are being honest. The point is, he just wants to get away from the place he's supposed to call home.

"He got confused by you staring at him and not saying anything. Didn't you hear him?" Wyatt said and rose his left brow just enough for Finn to notice. Finn shook his head no gently.