CHAPTER 7: Love Is An Illusion

SUNDAYE

I shouldn't be feeling this way. I shouldn't have these attacks knowing I have my mate to protect me forever and always, but I do.

I don't know if I will ever even get over this. This really isn't fair neither to Phoenix or his cousin Delanee.

However at the same time, I feel more brave when I'm with Phoenix. I feel beautiful and wanted. I feel everything you're supposed to feel when you're with your mate.

Every night, Phoenix walks me towards my house but I refuse to let him see where I live and risk Ezekiel or anyone in my family seeing Phoenix.

So we always stop at a house that my neighbor that lives on the street over from mine is at. He watches as I walk on the side of the house towards the front so he thinks I go inside when really, I just continue walking and sneek into my house from the backyard.

Everything has been going really good since I met Phoenix and I couldn't ask for more.

It's been a month since we met each other and I love being around him and am enjoying our time together as well as starting to believe things are going great for once and there's hope.

Today in particular, there was no way that I could get out of my long ass list of chores my family gave me to do. To make matters worse, Ezekiel and my sister were here. That is until she had to go pick up an outfit for hers and Ezekiel's date tonight. So of course, she left me here with her asshole of a boyfriend.

Luckily, he was mostly in her bedroom with the door closed and talking to his friend on the phone.

Finally, after an hour pasts, the last thing I have to do is vacuum. So I begin and with the living room and do all the rooms with my parents room being last.

As soon as I was finished, I opened their door to leave and stopped as soon as I saw Ezekiel standing at the front door, leaning back against it with a huge grin while looking at me.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked.

"Nothing." He smirks.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and put up the vacuum then head into the shower and get dressed before leaving.

Tonight I was going out on a date with Phoenix and was really excited as I decided to surprise him by arriving early. Plus if it was still too early then I could always hang out with Delanee.

So I headed over and knocked on the door. It took a minute before Delanee answered.

"Hey girl. Damn, you look hot." She says.

I then heard Neil whistle.

"You look beautiful." He comments.

"Thanks. Is Phoenix here? I'm a little early but..." I say.

"Uh no. He's at a fight right now. In fact, we were just about to go watch him." Delanee tells me but she looks at me confused.

I'm confused too to be honest. I thought he said he wasn't going to fight and focus on becoming a judge for the Alpha Games coming up.

So we made our way to the place and as soon as we got inside we noticed it was more crowded than usual and then I started making my way towards the locker room and after following the scent of my mate. Both my wolf and I were excited and happy to see him.

I quickly straightened my clothes and fixed my hair real quick then opened the door and when I walked in, I saw some girl sitting down on the massage table, scrolling through her phone and then the bathroom door opened up and out walked a wet Phoenix with no shirt and a towel wrapped around his waist.

I looked at the girl and then back at him and suddenly began feeling my chest begin to tighten up and tears beginning to fill my eyes and then pain in my chest.

I couldn't say anything and he didn't deserve to see me cry. So I just turned and hurried up walking out.

How could I have been so stupid?! I hate everyone. I hate love. In fact, love doesn't exist! It's just an illusion!

I repeat that to myself the entire time until I get back home and cry myself to sleep and try to think of a way to escape from here and everyone.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)