CHAPTER 22: Life Can't Get Better

PHOENIX

I heard a loud and obnoxious slow beeping sound going off in what sounded like in the distance as I was waking up from what felt like a deep slumber that I can't even remember if I even had any dreams. 

While slowly beginning to open my eyes and becoming more awake, the beeping sound became closer. To make things worse a bright light was the first thing my eyes were met with. I winced from the pain that the brightness provided.

I began stirring a little and groaning from some pain I was feeling and as I finally came to, I noticed I was in a hospital. As I looked down at my arms, I saw the I.V. needles in my arm and then as I moved my head to the other side of the room towards the window, I saw lying on a roll out cot was Sundaye, sleeping peacefully and beautiful as always.

I'm trying to think about what happened but I don't remember much.

I hear her begin to stir and notice her moving a little bit before starting to open her eyes and when she first looks at me she smiles tiredly then opens her eyes wide awake more and quickly rubs her eyes to come to my side.

"Baby! You're awake!" She smiles as she throws her arms around me and hugs me as she also places kisses on my lips.

"Hey beautiful." I reply tiredly then I groan a little in pain as she accidentally has leaned on my broken arm.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry baby." She tears up.

"It's okay." I smile at her.

"I thought I lost you." She tells me.

"Never. I promised you I was returning to you." I remind her.

She smiles and then kisses me again.

"I love you so much." She says.

"I love you more." I smile at her.

"Let me call everyone and let them know you're awake and okay." She tells me.

"Not yet." I tell her.

"Can I get you anything then baby?" She asks.

"Yeah. Come here." I tell her as I reach out for her hand and she places hers into mine.

I next pull her in close and have her lay down next to me in the hospital bed and put the covers over her and hold her.

"Baby, we can get in trouble." She tells me.

"I don't care. You're my mate, I'm an Alpha, so I have more authority over them." I assure her with a smile and a kiss.

She smiles at me and snuggles close to me as she rests her head on my chest and wraps her arm around my waist.

We both end up falling asleep on accident that way and then are woken up the next morning by Delanee and Neil.

"Aww look at them." Delanee teases.

Both Sundaye and I wake up and smile at them. Well, I actually roll my eyes a little bit at her.

"Hey Delanee and Neil." I reply.

"It seems like you have healed up quite a bit." Neil smiles.

"Yeah. I don't remember much but I do remember that Ezekiel cheated." I stated.

"Well it's a shame that you weren't able to see your mate here be all badass and actually kill Ezekiel." Delanee comments.

"What?" I asked looking at her.

Sundaye looks at me and shrugs a little.

"It was nothing." She claims.

"Baby, you do realize how dangerous it was. You could have lost the baby." I exclaim.

"I know. I'm sorry." She says as she starts to sit up in the bed feeling sad. "I just didn't want to lose you." She exclaims.

"I have got to be the luckiest Alpha in this world to have found someone like you." I tell her.

"I'm the luckiest Luna." She smiles.

"Oh god please, I don't want to throw up my breakfast." Neil jokes.

"Shut the hell up!" I snap at him jokingly.

"Hey that's right. Where's my breakfast burrito?!" Sundaye asks with her hands on her hips while staring at Delanee and Neil.

"Oh my bad." He states and walks over to hand her the burrito and she quickly starts devouring it.

We all look at her in surprise and she stops with her mouth full and looks at us.

"What?" She asks.

"Nothing just, you have a real big appetite." I laugh.

"Well the baby and I are hungry and nobody gets in the middle of me and the baby's appetite." She tells me.

She then leans back after taking another bite and then feeds me some.

"Okay let's go. We'll check on you both later." Delanee laughs.

"Alright. I'll see you guys." I tell them after I take another bite.

Life can't get any better than this.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)