CHAPTER 8: Whiskey Lullaby

PHOENIX

Tonight was a big night and both Sundaye and I were gonna have a great date. Tonight was extra special and wanted to give her something that was my great great grandmother's.

It's a necklace that had a moon made of diamonds and inside the moon was the silhouette of a wolf. She had it made for her by her parents when she was crowned the first Luna of our family. She was the first to marry an Alpha who was born an Alpha and didn't start in a lower position.

I was finally able to find where she lived, although she says she was too embarrassed to ever show me. But this way, I was going to surprise her with the necklace and hopefully wouldn't be as upset.

The last thing I expected though was the door to be answered by my biggest rivalry, Ezekiel.

"What the hell you doing here bro?!" He asks.

"I'm not your bro, first of all, and second, I'm looking for Sundaye." I ask trying to restrain both me and my wolf from knocking him out.

"Oh...She's sleeping with you too?!" He smirks.

"Shut the hell up! Where is she?!" I ask more forceful.

"She's in the bedroom asleep. She is an animal in bed." He winks at me.

"I swear to god if you touched her." I start balling my hands into a fist.

"Hey man relax!" He says as he begins to grin while putting his hands up in surrender.

I punch the shit out of him and knock him down to the ground and storm off before I kill him.

How come I couldn't see it coming?! I thought I had finally found my mate and then THAT happens! And with him?!

"Let's go back and kill that motherfucker for touching our mate!" My wolf tells me.

"No! She isn't worth it! She's just another pack whore that played the victim card and I'm through with this whole mating bullshit! Tonight we fight!" I tell him.

I was showering after finishing fighting and as soon as I came walking out, I could smell my mate but then smelled also Ezekiel on her as she just stood there.

Is she crying? Really? She's gonna cry when she's the one who fucked everything up with us?!

She hurries up and leaves and a big part of me wants to run after her and ask to hear her side but, I've heard of mates like her. Or should I say, 'so-called' mates. I had forgotten my good friend Leanor.

Leanor is beautiful and has just recently become the Luna for her mates pack who happens to be really cool. They are a great couple.

"Who was that?" She asks. "She was beautiful." She comments.

"That was Sundaye." I tell her as I start to get dressed.

"Your mate? Oh my god, why didn't you introduce us?" She asks.

"I'll tell you later." I tell her.

Her partner/mate, Xena along with Delanee and Neil.

"Hey Leanor! It's good to see you!" Delanee says.

"You too!" Leanor gets up and hugs Delanee and Neil.

"Hey what the hell?!" Delanee says as she walks up to me. "Why didn't you tell us you had a fight earlier?" She asks.

"Sorry." I tell her.

"Well I will only forgive you if you buy me drinks tonight." She says.

"Fine." I reply in annoyance.

"What's the matter with you honey?" Xena asks.

"Nothing." I reply.

"Hey, where's Sundaye?" Delanee asks.

"She left." Leanor says.

"What? Why?" Delanee asks.

"I don't know. He didn't even introduce us." She says.

"What's going on?!" She demands from me.

"I just made a mistake was all. She showed me who she REALLY was." I tell her as I put the hoodie over my head and grab my duffel bag and head out past everyone. I don't want to talk to anybody right now.

I'm gonna forget about everything that has happened and figure out how to fucking get a hold of Sundaye to reject her so this bond of ours is done for good.

On my way home, I stopped by the liquor store and pizza place then headed back to the house and drank away my memories.

I need to forget about her. I need to forget about her all together and just think of all that has happened recently was a dream. She was just a dream.

"Damn you Moon Goddess. You really know how to fuck with people's lives." I say out loud as I lay down on the couch and finish off the first bottle of Jack Daniels before moving on with the next one.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)